Home Values

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Gold member
Default Home Values

Not looking to sell!

Just curious, friends have asked me what is my home worth now?
What / where is a good source to get an idea of the value of your home?

Outside of TV I may look at realtor.com, Zillow (don't think they are accurate) and others.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Gold member

I'd look at real estate ads, find your model either new or in a similar location to yours. Also go to Open Houses in your area. You'll get a pretty good idea from those sources.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Sumter County has a website where you can find what similar property in your Village has sold for. However, the site is usually 30-45 days behind posting transactions.

OP, we have bought 5 and sold 4 homes in TV the last nine years. As a realtor will tell you, much goes into what a home will sell for. Location, condition, etc. and even time of the year.

My opinion , from my observations, homes have gone up in value (10% to 20%) in TV the last couple of years. You could have identical houses in similar locations and one could sell for 10% more because of the way it is decorated and "staged". In theory they are worth the same but in reality they will not sell for the same amount of money.

Bottom line the old cliche in real estate is true----a house will sell for whatever a person is willing to pay for it. If you don't plan to sell, get a second mortgage or reverse mortgage, just enjoy.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I just got a free appraisal with my home equity line of credit, was very pleased to see it was up in value. But seriously, I do not have another suitable source, unless you want to hire an appraiser.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:23 AM

Just wondering, once the build out is finished, how will the owners of the villages keep his money coming in. Will the association fees go up? Etc.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Sumter County has a website where you can find what similar property in your Village has sold for. However, the site is usually 30-45 days behind posting transactions.
I looked a little but could not find the site. Could you give me the link?

I also did the math using the ave sales price of a designer multiplied by living square feet of my model and it seems high. I know it's the average.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, zillow, realtor.com, accurate, advance, advice, asked, friends, curious, sell, worth, idea, values, source, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.