land-lease

land-lease

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

land-lease
Old 08-13-2015, 03:45 PM

Default land-lease

Are the homes in the Villages land-lease? I just learned about this concept today. I read Florida and Arizona do this. My understanding is when I purchase a new house, I own the house but not the land it sits on. Do people care about this? I did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Sage

No land lease in The Villages.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Are the homes in the Villages land-lease? I just learned about this concept today. I read Florida and Arizona do this. My understanding is when I purchase a new house, I own the house but not the land it sits on. Do people care about this? I did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Your understanding of the concept may be correct, but it is not a practice inTV. I have owned a home under that circumstance in another state. I own my house and the land it is on here in TV.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Sage

It is not done here.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:08 PM

You buy here, you own the land and the bond...
Old 08-13-2015, 04:30 PM

No , you own the land in TV. No land lease arrangements here. Some developments in the area offer that type of ownership.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

No, the homes are not on leasehold land. When you purchase a property in The Villages, the land the home sits on is conveyed to the purchaser (in other words, you own it).
Old 08-13-2015, 07:46 PM

I have a deed to my land in the Villages
Old 08-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No! residential properties in TV are "in fee" The land may be subject to a lein related to bond issues that funded infrastructure , but that is an entirely different matter and there are several threads on this forum which explain the "Bond"
Old 08-14-2015, 05:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Not true. My deed states I own the land.
Closed Thread

Tags
land-lease, house, sits, land, find, topic, forum, care, search, people, learned, concept, today, villages, homes, read, florida, purchase, understanding, arizona