Legal Question

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Gold member
Question Legal Question

Last month my wife and I transferred the ownership of our house to our Living Trust thru a local lawyer. A warranty deed was sent to Sumter County and it was returned and stamped by Gloria Hayward. I thought that was all we needed to do. However, today I received 2 mailings. The first was a document called Recorded Deed Notice where they wanted $83 for a Current Deed and Property Assessment Profile. Their address was Westlake Village, CA. The second mailing was from a company in Tallahassee. They offer a property profile. They cost $95. I will call the lawyer on Monday but I think both of these offers are a waste of money.

Just wanted to get some opinion here. As of right now I will save my money and ignore these "offers"

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 12-11-2015, 06:48 PM

We also just set up our trust. Our attorney told us to ignore the mailings when they came for a deed. The one he provided is all we need.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:50 PM

We also just set up our trust.
The attorney told us we would get these mailings but to ignore them. The deed he provided is all we need.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Don't fall for it. Go on Sumter County Property Appraiser (that is if your home is in Sumter County) and punch in your address. It should show there was a change made, which cost us $100. paid to our attorney, and should be titles in the trust name.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

Good to know, thank you. I will soon be doing that also.
Closed Thread

Tags
deed, money, profile, lawyer, property, wanted, offers, mailing, company, offer, tallahassee, westlake, ignore, assessment, john, save, cost, address, village, $95, waste, opinion, current, call, monday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.