List of pros & cons of each Village?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Default List of pros & cons of each Village?

Is there such a thing - we are looking at buying a resale
Old 03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Eternal Member

That would be very difficult to do. It depends on what you like. Everyone likes different areas for different reasons.
I lived in Santiago Village for 4 years, now BonnyBrook for 8 years. Love both Villages.
I know we like being close to the square.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Pro's: I live in this village.

Con: I don't live in the other villages
Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Gold member

we chose rio grande village in de laguna villas. reasons were:
1. 2 car garage
2. tile roof
3.on championship golf course
4. bond paid
5. walking distance to ss town square
Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Think Rubicon summed it up well. Buy the house you want. Initially, friends usually come from your neighborhood (at least in the newer villages) but that quickly changes as you find your own activities. Before you buy, you might want to talk to a neighbor or two and find out if your street is friendly and does things together on occasion (if this is important to you).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-14-2012, 01:53 PM

If you would list specific criteria or needs for your choice of a village or area it would then make for more meaningful responses. Of course, first and foremost, make sure that you bring your joys and happiness with you. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Pro's: I live in this village.

Con: I don't live in the other villages
Me too! What a coincidence!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Pro Does it really matter

Con Does it really matter

Just enjoy where ever you are

Last edited by karostay; 03-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Sage
Default Each to their own

I agree with the other posters. It depends on what's important to you. For us, it was pretty simple...we wanted to build, we wanted to build on a golf course and we wanted a designer home. The rest was all a bonus. We anticipated that the neighborhood would be "younger" since it was new and we were correct. We have "younger" neighbors. That was important to us too. We really just wanted to live in a friendly, clean, warm environment that offered many, many things to do. The Village we were in didn't much matter. We wanted to start a new life with new friends and I believe that's what we got! It's all good in our neighborhood!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default We loved the house

everything else was a bonus!.....Good neighbors, beautiful oaks, elevation change, location close to SS BUT really, any village is CLOSE to something, giggle!...Most of the homes in LaZamora sell very quickly, also one of the smallest villages in TV, 95 homes....
Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

In any neighborhood, you will find a mix of younger and older, people from all parts of this country and abroad, those with more money and less, those who have retired early and those that are still working in their later years.

In the northern areas above 466 there are a different set of deed restrictions that allow more lawn ornamentation. The oldest villages are above 441/27 and then it was built out down Morse and then going West to the areas surrounding Buena Vista. There are Premier neigborhoods of Harmeswood with very large lots and Glenview built around a lake on the Buena Vista side but almost every other village has a mix of all kinds of homes; villas, ranches, cottages, designers. And they are all beautiful homes made special by their inhabitants.

South of 466 there are more deed restrictions keeping you from having a flock of flamingos or saints and not allowing you to post for sale signs in your yards, only in the windows, and some other things as well..I can't think of them now.

The Villages were built North to South, except for a few villages tucked in later, like our own just built village of Laurel Valley right off 466. Many people are still living in their original homes, but many have moved to a bigger or smaller home as they decided that would suit them better. So to say there is a lot of something or another in any village would be hard, even a certain age of people.

In a new village as people are moving in and are in the midst of their "honeymoon" as Barefoot so aptly described it, most will all be very enthusiastic to join groups as you explore the new leisure time in your lives and all of the exciting and fun things to do..You will have garage parties and go out to dinner in a group and form game groups and golf groups and find friends to go with you to classes.

But if you move into an established neighborhood, the very same opportunities await you, but you might have to gather a group together yourself. It all works. Some villages are closer to the town centers, but after awhile, it may be more important to be closer to Publix or to Lowes or to the doctors.

There is something here for everyone. Even a few grumpy people for spice.

Welcome to you. I hope you will grow young and prosper!

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-15-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 PM
TERPMAN7375
Wink Comparing Villages

If your considering expenses the older the village the cheaper when it comes to the Bond issue
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.