Lot Rent for mobile home villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Do you have trouble getting insurance on the manuf. homes? I heard a rumor that you did??
I haven't had any problems getting homeowners insurance on any of my homes.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Do you have trouble getting insurance on the manuf. homes? I heard a rumor that you did??
didn't have any problem getting it for ours either. we walked in the office, gave the rep the needed info and walked out with our binder! policy followed within 10 days! not even real expensive - and we don't need sinkhole insurance!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
didn't have any problem getting it for ours either. we walked in the office, gave the rep the needed info and walked out with our binder! policy followed within 10 days! not even real expensive - and we don't need sinkhole insurance!
Thanks for the information. I have some friends coming down this winter and don't want to spend a lot of money on a home. I was going to recommend they look on Historical side. What do you do in storms? Is there a shelter close by you can go into? Average price seems to be around 100,000/110,000 is that about right?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I have some friends coming down this winter and don't want to spend a lot of money on a home. I was going to recommend they look on Historical side. What do you do in storms? Is there a shelter close by you can go into? Average price seems to be around 100,000/110,000 is that about right?
Yes, there are hurricane shelters set up in all three counties that TV comprises. As for me personally, if there is a hurricane warning and we are told to seek shelter, we are going to head to a nice hotel either north or south or here. That is the nice thing about hurricanes, you do, by the Grace of God, have plenty of warning.

I'd say you are about right on the average costs of homes on the Historic Side. Prices have fallen all over TV in the past six months.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Yes, there are hurricane shelters set up in all three counties that TV comprises. As for me personally, if there is a hurricane warning and we are told to seek shelter, we are going to head to a nice hotel either north or south or here. That is the nice thing about hurricanes, you do, by the Grace of God, have plenty of warning.

I'd say you are about right on the average costs of homes on the Historic Side. Prices have fallen all over TV in the past six months.
What about tornadoes?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What about tornadoes?
What about tornadoes? What are you asking me, Bogie Shooter?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina

I'm in TX. You got a tornado coming, it doesn't matter what kind of house your in. You jump on your horse and get outta there.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgentile1010 View Post
I'm in TX. You got a tornado coming, it doesn't matter what kind of house your in. You jump on your horse and get outta there.
That was funny and made me actually laugh out loud.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Sage
Quote:
Have there been any sinkholes on the historical side that you know of, and could you get sinhole insurance if you wanted it?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
justjim - in the event of severe weather - i'm going to graciegirl's; in the event of really severe weather - i'm gonna go to the hotel with bk or down to disneyworld! but bk gave you the real skinny thatcha need to know!

your friends should check out the historic side, but they should also look at the districts around spanish springs area and villages like mira mesa and zamora.

the mls website i find most helpful is lyle gant's The Villages because those listings indicate how long a property has been for sale - really helps with price negotiation. we have friends in mira mesa and i really like the neighborhoods in that area. your friends should also remember that house prices will be higher during 'the season' when the snowbirds flock to the villages. and remind them to bring their checkbook!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Have there been any sinkholes on the historical side that you know of, and could you get sinhole insurance if you wanted it?
not in the few years since we have purchased; and we never looked into purchasing the covg since there is no construction that might undermine ground stability. don't even recall a watermain break since we have been there.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
I haven't seen nor heard of any sinkholes on this side, janmcn. If you want to purchase sinkhole insurance I'm sure an agent will sell it to you though.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
justjim - in the event of severe weather - i'm going to graciegirl's; in the event of really severe weather - i'm gonna go to the hotel with bk or down to disneyworld! but bk gave you the real skinny thatcha need to know!

your friends should check out the historic side, but they should also look at the districts around spanish springs area and villages like mira mesa and zamora.

the mls website i find most helpful is lyle gant's The Villages because those listings indicate how long a property has been for sale - really helps with price negotiation. we have friends in mira mesa and i really like the neighborhoods in that area. your friends should also remember that house prices will be higher during 'the season' when the snowbirds flock to the villages. and remind them to bring their checkbook!
You guys are making my day. Too funny.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What about tornadoes?
Quote:
I haven't seen nor heard of any sinkholes on this side, janmcn. If you want to purchase sinkhole insurance I'm sure an agent will sell it to you though.
Thanks...good to know.

When I was living in a CYV neighborhood in Poinciana that was decimated by the tornado in 2007, brand new cinder block designer homes were leveled near by.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
What about tornadoes? What are you asking me, Bogie Shooter?
what do you do in the event of a tornado?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.