Lot Rent for mobile home villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=njbchbum;537052]justjim - in the event of severe weather - i'm going to graciegirl's; in the event of really severe weather - i'm gonna go to the hotel with bk or down to disneyworld! but bk gave you the real skinny thatcha need to know!

You are all more than welcome. I will have cold beer on ice and plenty of pillows to put over our collective heads in the walk in closet. We villagers can make a party out of any occasion!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default about Tornados

...our friends were in the last tornado that hit there...and it did hit their house with damage....they barely had any time to get into the closet....tornadoes often hit without warning.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
what do you do in the event of a tornado?
Exactly, Bogie Shooter---It doesn't even have to be a tornado----you hear all the time from the media if severe storms are in the area for those in a manufacture home to take cover somewhere. I would think TV would have a storm shelter somewhere on the Historical side of TV. I know they have increased the codes for new manufactured homes but for the older ones they tell you to get on your horse and out of Dodge! Tornado's are certainly not funny----been in one and saw another.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Exactly, Bogie Shooter---It doesn't even have to be a tornado----you hear all the time from the media if severe storms are in the area for those in a manufacture home to take cover somewhere. I would think TV would have a storm shelter somewhere on the Historical side of TV. I know they have increased the codes for new manufactured homes but for the older ones they tell you to get on your horse and out of Dodge! Tornado's are certainly not funny----been in one and saw another.
It isn't funny, justjim. You are correct. There are many shelters established throughout the three counties, including Lake County. Here is a former discussion about where would you go?.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Default Replacement Home and Modifications

Not to change the direction of this thread, but it is the closest thread I have found to my subject question.

If you buy a manufactured home/lot, (Lets assume it is a 2bed/1bath) Can you replace it with a 3 - 4 Bed/2 bath manufactured home?

Can one put a Garage up in the historical section?

Is there any lots that allow fences on the Historical side?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Sage

Yes - if the lot is large enuf

Yes - if the lot is large enuf

No Fences (that I have seen)

With TV approval - normally not an issue.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjpang View Post
Not to change the direction of this thread, but it is the closest thread I have found to my subject question.

If you buy a manufactured home/lot, (Lets assume it is a 2bed/1bath) Can you replace it with a 3 - 4 Bed/2 bath manufactured home?

Can one put a Garage up in the historical section?

Is there any lots that allow fences on the Historical side?

take a ride over on paradise dr across from the ball fields and take a look at the structure that was recently built there! wowzaa! i think there are two double garages on it! go in the boone gate and turn right onto paradise - house will be on your left. it doesn't really 'fit' in with its neighboring properties - but it got arc approval for the build!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Default Tornado Damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Thanks...good to know.

When I was living in a CYV neighborhood in Poinciana that was decimated by the tornado in 2007, brand new cinder block designer homes were leveled near by.
I lived in the area in a mobil and was lucky tornado hit about a mile south. I toured the damaged area and saw a lot of blue tarps on homes with roof damage. nothing close to being leveled.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgentile1010 View Post
guess I know where I'm going for a late night swim.
They also have a great secret .....A hot tub at the adult pool !
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
take a ride over on paradise dr across from the ball fields and take a look at the structure that was recently built there! wowzaa! i think there are two double garages on it! go in the boone gate and turn right onto paradise - house will be on your left. it doesn't really 'fit' in with its neighboring properties - but it got arc approval for the build!
no fences are allowed anywhere in the villages....People would only let there dogs out all day barking and bothering there neighbors...If she wants a closed in back yard she migh consider a CYV...
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Default Manufactured homes

There are manufactured homes in TV? I did not know that. Is the HO insurance higher on this type of property?

Ismay
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Plus, our pools are open later njbchbum! Hey, we might be neighbors, njbchbum. I have a manufactured home for sale on Rainbow. Really pretty. Just saying...
sorry to barge in===but what is your asking price and do you have pics of it? We are coming down on the 2nd of may to look around for property----any motels in the immediate area of the villages?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
They also have a great secret .....A hot tub at the adult pool !
Guess the cat is out of the bag now

Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
sorry to barge in===but what is your asking price and do you have pics of it? We are coming down on the 2nd of may to look around for property----any motels in the immediate area of the villages?
There are several hotels, The Waterfront at Lake Sumter, The Hampton Inn on 466, kind of in the center of The Villages. Near Spanish Springs, in the north of TV and near this home is the Holiday Inn Express, The Marriot and I think The Hacienda.

If Bkcunningham is selling this house, you can bet it is restored beautifully.(BUT you may have been reading an old post.) Why don't you send a PM to Bkcunningham and see. Bkcunningham is a trustworthy and ethical person.

Be sure to go to Spanish Springs to the Mercantile and get a five dollar map first. I don't think you, or anybody who hasn't been here can conceptualize how BIG this place is. Do not hesitate to ask anyone for directions, it is easy to get lost here when you are new.

I know you will love it here.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-12-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
We've already sold and closed on that property, ohiosbestus. Gracie covered the hotels. Thanks Gracie for the kind words.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.