manufactured homes

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Default Manufactured homes

thanks so much for all the info. My husband and I can't wait to get there. I've looked on the web site and sew a lot of Manufactured Homes that we are anxious to look at. You are all so right, we plan on enjoying all the wonderful activities, not just sitting in our house. Hope we get to meet all of you. enjoy the weather there, it is going to snow in northeastern Ohio tomorrow. boo hoo for us. lol
Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgelady View Post
thanks so much for all the info. My husband and I can't wait to get there. I've looked on the web site and sew a lot of Manufactured Homes that we are anxious to look at. You are all so right, we plan on enjoying all the wonderful activities, not just sitting in our house. Hope we get to meet all of you. enjoy the weather there, it is going to snow in northeastern Ohio tomorrow. boo hoo for us. lol
Also look at patio villas around Spanish Springs and other newer areas. When I looked at manufactured homes with a friend in the historic section, all 4 of them needed serious facelifting and landscaping, and were fairly high priced ($120's) compared to a patio villa or other site-built home around Spanish Springs.

I didn't think the o.p. was insulting anybody in TV by saying they didn't want junky neighbors.....there are trashy people in every city and town in the USA, and a few would have a junky yard with a rusted out car up on blocks here in TV, too, if not for the deed restrictions and rules we have, fortunately!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgelady View Post
thanks for the info. The historical district sounds great for us. We love the idea of mature trees and yards...more like Ohio. I've looked on TV website with homes for sale and there are many that are beautiful and in our price range. We are glad that everyone in TV can enjoy all the amenities. This sounds almost too good to the true. We are coming down in Dec and are looking forward to seeing this area. Thanks for all the help and am looking forward to meeting all of you. FYI it's cold in Ohio and may snow by the first of the week, so be glad you aren't here now. take care:
The historical side of T.V. is very pretty. We enjoyed our drive around it.
It wasn't what we expected it to be. Everything was very well kept and attractive with nice trees which were mature and shady.

We've seen some pretty OLD parts of Florida and T.V.'s "Historical Side" was a pleasant experience.

I totally "understand" what you meant by junky neighbors and realize you did not mean it in a derogatory fashion as you were not disclosing your personal feelings to a junky forum, but a mature one. I understood.

Some states have trailer parks which are occupied by not so nice types of residents. We've seen them ourselves.

I've always told my husband that I don't want to live on a backwoods road with junk yard dogs running loose and neighbors in tar paper shacks.

We've traveled numerous states across the great U.S. and have seen enough of those back roads when we would get off the beaten path.

Just a figure of speech. Don't worry, THE VILLAGES IS BEAUTIFUL.

The manufactured homes in T.V. are probably more like modular homes, in other words......built in a factory and then brought to the property. Look more like a residence than a trailer.

Good luck in your quest.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Default Manfactured homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeZ 18 View Post
I would like to know what it is like to live in a manufactured home in the villages. I lived in a trailer for a few months when I was in college back in the 70s. Maybe things have changed since then but I found that the walls were really thin and that you could feel the vibrations when people walked in the other rooms.
Are manufactured homes harder to cool and to heat? How safe are they in storms. Thanks in advance for your help.
Don't confuse trailer homes with Mfg. homes, I have a rental unit that has double pane widows, 6" stud walls, 6" batt insulation under the floors and blown insulation in the ceiling. As good or better for heating and cooling than any home "in The Villages".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.