MLS or VLS

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Default MLS or VLS

I have read the thread entitled who to list with on this forum but would like to solicit some more comments. We currently have our house on the market here in the villages (we bought a larger one) and are advertising in the classified in the village sun.

If we don't sell it within a few weeks I'll be tempted to give it to an MLS or VLS agent. I have to admit that when we were looking for our next house, even though we told the vls agent we wanted pre-owned, there was clearly a hard push to buy new construction. This makes me Leary about giving our current home to a VLS agent. However, you can't argue with the fact that people who come to the villages, especially new folks, are swarmed by the vls agents.

They also are given the age old pressure tactic of ..if you don't buy this in the next three hours it will be gone forever... For new construction.

As a seller, I have a hard time not thinking that my home would be the last one to be shown and only if no new construction is available.

I would love to hear more from the folks that are or were in my shoes and what their experiences were.

The little classified ads under homes by owners are clearly swallowed up by the villages advertising with all their pictures and inserts...

Last edited by Tbear; 01-26-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We did NOT have any push toward new at all from Jim McLaughlin our rep for The Villages. He showed us a LOTof resales. He said it makes no difference. We decided on new on our own.

And I have to say that when they tell you that you have a certain number of hours, that is what you have. Incredible, but true and I bet a LOT of people agree with me on that one. View lots sold out in seven hours in Laurel Valley.

We didn't use MLS either time to buy and didn't use anyone to sell, someone talked us out of our first house in Hadley. They had heard that we were planning to build a bigger house when we moved here year 'round.

I have heard good things about Lyle Gant and know he has a GREAT website, but I have never met him.

Here is a link to the pictures of your very beautiful home and it is fairly priced to be sure. I don't think it will last long. GREAT location near Lake Sumter Landing too!

.https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...mallory-68391/

I was going to suggest you list it on here and I looked at your posts and you already did!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
I have read the thread entitled who to list with on this forum but would like to solicit some more comments.
We listed with VLS, not MLS. I think the VLS marketing is better .... daily open house ads, sales office in The Villages, trolley ride, just more visability.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM

Thanks for your comments and including my link...!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM

Thanks barefoot for your reply...
Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Sage

It's my understanding that MLS agents cannot show VLS listings. With VLS listings being far greater in number than those of MLS agencies in the area, to me that means the MLS agents cannot show the majority of the listings in TV.

And the TV agents have a huge built-in customer base to show homes to, with hundreds of people at any given time being here for the lifestyle preview plan. It's a no brainer for preview stay people to look at TV listings first, with many nice ones to choose from.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Sage

I would prefer to cover all the bases covered by having a VLS and MLS agent. I would tend to think a VLS has a larger base of people to show your home.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

VLS MLS TV CVY LSV SS LSL

Following all of these makes my head hurt

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-27-2013, 11:47 AM

You cannot have both a vls and MLS simulataneously. Both are exclusive right to sell agreements. Having both would be ideal but no can do!!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I would prefer to cover all the bases covered by having a VLS and MLS agent. I would tend to think a VLS has a larger base of people to show your home.
2B .... You can do that when purchasing, but not when listing your home!

As a former real estate broker, I thought about trying to sell privately. But I think I got the best price by listing with VLS. We also purchased our second resale through VLS.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

sent you a pm
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
2B .... You can do that when purchasing, but not when listing your home!

As a former real estate broker, I thought about trying to sell privately. But I think I got the best price by listing with VLS. We also purchased our second resale through VLS.
Mea culpa. You learn something new every day.

Boy Howdy!!!! I love this site.

Thanks Bare for the explanation.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Sage
The thing I liked best about The VLS marketing was their virtual tours. They were always very professionaly done. However, I've noticed lately that they are not doing them, at least for the lower priced homes. Even homes for sale that had them posted previously, these tours are being taken down. Do any agents on here know anything about this?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The thing I liked best about The VLS marketing was their virtual tours. They were always very professionaly done. However, I've noticed lately that they are not doing them, at least for the lower priced homes. Even homes for sale that had them posted previously, these tours are being taken down. Do any agents on here know anything about this?
I believe that is an extra charge to the seller.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 PM

I was not charged as a seller with respect to the video. I am sure the listing agent is but not the owner.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.