Mortgage broker

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2020, 12:02 PM
Default Mortgage broker

I'm looking at purchase a new patio villa in Hawkins. Do all Villages realtors use/recommend Citizens First? I received summary of charges and reserves from a Citizens First broker and seem incredibly high. I thought I read somewhere on a different forum here that that bank is linked to the Morse family. Not that that's a bad thing but, I'm looking for options. Can anyone recommend a villages mortgage broker?
Old 11-15-2020, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

You can get a mortgage anyplace, including online. Start shopping around, doesn't really matter where you get the money unless it's in a back alley at midnight

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-15-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,119 Times in 2,237 Posts

When we purchased our new home, there was a specific requirement that the process be completed in 30 days or there were fines imposed. At the time we did not have the luxury to contact multiple lenders so we went with what was Citizens First Mortgage (this was transferred to Citizens First Bank a few months ago), as they guaranteed they would meet the 30 day requirement or pay the fines themselves. So as you look around make sure the current closing time frame can be met.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriy View Post
I'm looking at purchase a new patio villa in Hawkins. Do all Villages realtors use/recommend Citizens First? I received summary of charges and reserves from a Citizens First broker and seem incredibly high. I thought I read somewhere on a different forum here that that bank is linked to the Morse family. Not that that's a bad thing but, I'm looking for options. Can anyone recommend a villages mortgage broker?
Yes, all the Village realtors recommend Citizens First, because they are both owned by "the Family."

Yes, Citizens First has incredibly high fees. Part of the business model.

You are welcome to shop around for a better deal, but be quick. You MUST close on the day the Villages says to close or pay penalties. That is the first question to ask any mortgage bank: Can you close by X date?
Old 11-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts

Lots of banks and credit unions around here. Suggest you go shopping
Old 11-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriy View Post
Citizens was higher, but you will close in 30 days. If you use an outside lender, and do not close in 30 days on new build, the fees are outrageous. Our first home we did not use citizens, closed 1 day late ( not our banks fault, closing department had new program install, and could not send). Our one day late fee was $485.00.
Closed Thread

Tags
broker, mortgage, villages, citizens, forum

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.