Mortgages

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Default Mortgages

I've heard it's difficult to get a mortgage on a manufactured/mobile home? Is this true? And, also heard that homeowners insurance is VERY high on manufactured homes. Is this true?? Tx!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Veteran member

It depends on whether the structure is classified as a manufactured or mobile home. There is a difference. If a mobile home becomes permanently affixed to the land and all the wheels, etc. are removed, it becomes a manufactured home and is taxed as real estate. Lending requirements are different for manufactured homes and, like any financing, if the home and you fit the criteria, then you should be ok. Insurance can be harder to obtain than a stick built home. I would suggest you contact AAA, AARP and/or other insurance companies to discuss their requirements.

A mobile home is exactly that, a home that is mobile, meaning it can be moved from the current location. It still has all the wheels and tow tongue on it, usually concealed by skirting. Financing on this is entirely different and I would contact a company that sells mobile homes and ask them for information. I'm not versed on that type of financing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.