Need immediate assistance to oppose foreclosure of Family Home in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Default Need immediate assistance to oppose foreclosure of Family Home in The Villages

Seeking local attorney to oppose mortgage foreclosure on family home in The Villages recently filed after my Mother passed away. Time is of the essence. Any recommendations?
Old 05-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Maverick View Post
Seeking local attorney to oppose mortgage foreclosure on family home in The Villages recently filed after my Mother passed away. Time is of the essence. Any recommendations?
Have you called the bank to explain what is going on?
Most everything is on autopilot. They don't get paid, they send out notices. They get no reply so the property goes to foreclosure.

If, nothing else, you will discover if someone besides you, has been contacted.

I expect, you will find that the bank issuing the foreclosure will be helpful to you. They are not an evil enemy. They do not want the expense and the hassle of a foreclosure. They need to get unpaid bills off their balance sheets.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Thought i had replied

Vastly shortened.
I suggest you contact the bank or whomever holds the mortgage.
They are surprisingly not your enemy. They are on autopilot unless they hear from you. They don't get paid for xxxxx they send out a letter. They send out xxxxxx letters and they turn it over to be foreclosed.
Call them be sure you are talking to a manger. They will tell you what needs to be done to prevent foreclosure and who was notified that they were not being paid.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:59 PM

It's a reverse mortgage. The amount owed ("unpaid principal balance") is a little less than 1/2 of the value of the home, the remainder being equity.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Default Foreclosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Maverick View Post
Text me privately I might be able to get you through this. Might be interested in buying house
Closed Thread

Tags
family, home, villages, foreclosure, oppose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.