New home commissions

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Default New home commissions

What is TV real estate agents commission on NEW homes?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 AM

I would think that you are going to get the same answers on this thread as you did on the thread with the same title on page 2 of new posts.

I do not know how much commission they make...i do know that the price listed of a new home is the price paid....there is no negotiation. I asked the agent i have been working with for the past two years. He said the last thing TV wanted was for people to sit around the pool comparing prices and getting angry that someone else got a better deal. It made sense to me.

However...there is negotiating on a resale home. I would also guess that commissions on resale homes are about 6%.

My home in Missouri is listed with a 6% commission unless someone from the listing office sells it...then it will be 5%...because they do not have to split the commission with another company.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Responses from same question you posted yesterday

New home commissions
Old 06-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Not sure about the new homes, but if you want to sell your home through Properties of The Villages it is 6% and 5% if it sells within the first 30 days.

I would guess that The Villages, who owns Properties of The Villages would have to pay the agents the same amount in order to motivate them to sell.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
agents, commission, homes, estate, home, commissions, real

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.