Temp Resident IDs vs my amenity fee

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Default Temp Resident IDs vs my amenity fee

So if I am a "visitor" to TV while my house is rented out, am I able to use my resident ID as normal or do I forfeit that privilege becuz the renters get temp IDs as part of my rental? If the latter, then they pay $50 to obtain, yet I continue to pay my amenity fee but can't use the amenities? Sounds like TV is double dipping if this is true.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

If you get resident IDs for your renters, The Villages keeps your ID.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Gold member

They get the $50 transfer fee but only your are paying the $150/mo amenity fee. I guess it's like Cable TV, WiFi, or a golf cart included with your rental. You transfer the ID to them the only way to recover your fee is to include it in your rental charge if the market will bear it.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:17 PM

until the renter leaves you village ID can not be used. the number is on hold by the villages.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:27 PM

First of all, the $50 charge is a processing fee that is paid only once even if the rental is for a year or longer. Yes, your renter assumes your privileges. If you want, you can charge rent that will cover the monthly amenities fee. If your renter receives a Temporary Resident ID you must surrender your ID card for the duration of the rental period.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Normally, it is a no harm, no foul issue. Very few homeowners are here when their renters or, if they are here, they own more than one home and would have resident IDs for both homes. So, turning in your ID cards is normally not an issue.

As to the $50, there is a bit of paperwork involved to switch over the resident IDs. I'm sure the developer makes a profit on this, but not the whole amount.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-25-2016, 08:43 PM

You can't use your ID because the renters are "using" it. You continue to pay the amenity fee because it's connected with your property and the renters have the right to the amenities. I'm guessing the $50 fee for the renters IDs is for processing.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
So if I am a "visitor" to TV while my house is rented out, am I able to use my resident ID as normal or do I forfeit that privilege becuz the renters get temp IDs as part of my rental? If the latter, then they pay $50 to obtain, yet I continue to pay my amenity fee but can't use the amenities? Sounds like TV is double dipping if this is true.
I've rented my home as a long-term rental ever since I closed in May, 2012. Mom and I both had to turn in our Resident IDs as soon as we rented our home. I signed a form so my renters could get non-resident IDs that didn't require them to renew their IDs every month (I can't remember the official name of the IDs.). Their ID is a different color than the Resident IDs and are good for 2 or 3 years. (I really need to look up the color and the length of time!)

When Mom and I visit TV, we have to pay $50 for temporary Resident IDs that has the dates of our visit on it. I must admit it bugs me to get the temporary Resident IDs as we are only in TV for two weeks when we visit!

The same rule applied when my renters had temporary Resident IDs.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You cannot use your resident ID if someone is renting your house AND they have Temp Resident IDs. You are to surrender your IDs when you submit the paperwork for the ID transfer. Part of the rental price you receive is for the amenities just as the water, irrigation, trash, and sewer is part of the house rental (unless you require the renters to pay for them). If you could keep using the amenities at the same time as the renters are able to use the amenities there would not be enough "food on the buffet table".
Old 01-25-2016, 08:55 PM

You have to turn your pass in. You will only be able to get a visiter pass.
You forfeited it when you rented your place.
Sorry😂
Old 01-25-2016, 09:04 PM

You as the owners have to give up your green cards for your renters to be issued temporary resident passes. So, I guess you are an "outsider" for the whole time your renters are here. You can't even get one of your friends to sponsor you for a "guest" card if your driver's license has a Village's address because there is a no guest card policy for anyone living in the three counties of Lake, Marion, and Sumter.

As far as the $50 charge, I think it must be for administration fees and for storing your cards until your return. Yes, those $50 charges are a money maker.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 PM

Your I'd is suspended while your renter has his (their) temporary I'd. The monthly amenity fee paid by each house is what is used to maintain and support the amenities. The $50 is a one time fee for the temporary card. No matter how long the renter is here they only pay the fee once.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:20 PM

yes
Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Bosoxfan

While someone is renting your house you cannot use the amenities because you forfeit them to your renters.The 50 dollars is a processing fee of the paperwork done to get the temporary resident I D to your renter. Also if your only address is in The Villages or the trip county area you won't be able to get a guest pass.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 PM

You become a none Villager as soon as you hand in your green cards to get the renters their temporary resident cards. You can't even get one of your friends to sponsor you for a "guest" card if your driver's license has an address in Sumter, Lake or Marion counties. The renters are using all of the facilities that your amenity fees pay for. As far as the $50, I guess it's for administration fees and storing your resident green cards?
Closed Thread

Tags
pay, fee, resident, temp, ids, amenity, obtain, rental, $50, sounds, double, dipping, true, amenities, continue, house, rented, visitor, becuz, renters, privilege, normal, forfeit, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.