Question on Trulia, Zillow

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Smile Question on Trulia, Zillow

Although TV homes are selling at a premium during high season, is there any validity to the Trulia and Zillow websites in attempting to obtain a fair value and offering price? It seems that the realtors and sellers are really "pushing the envelope". It appears many take their homes off the market when winter ends only to place them back on the market in December. the process of buying in TV can be quite challenging.
Any thoughts? thanks
Old 12-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Both those sites use public information to make there assessments. Basically taxed square footage. So many of the other things that impact value are ignored. Things like a view, granite, tile, crown molding, newer appliances, extra insulation, landscaping and several others. I could have a home with 1400 square feet with every one of those upgrades and another with 1500 square feet and none of those and both Zillow and Trulia would value the 1500 square foot home higher. So basically they are pretty useless unless you know the market and can make those adjustments for your self.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Yes, those sites are not reliable. Zillow had our Michigan condo, which was on the water and 2300 square feet, shown as being across the street, not waterfront, and 1100 square feet. Go with Lyle.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

In addition to Lyle Gant's website [which I enjoy because it shows the number of days a property has been listed as well as any price changes during that time], I think you can check out the individual tax assessor websites for lake, sumter and marion counties to find the homes by street address where the individual property records will show the history of sales data.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcpda View Post
Although TV homes are selling at a premium during high season, is there any validity to the Trulia and Zillow websites in attempting to obtain a fair value and offering price? It seems that the realtors and sellers are really "pushing the envelope". It appears many take their homes off the market when winter ends only to place them back on the market in December. the process of buying in TV can be quite challenging.
Any thoughts? thanks
Welcome Itcpda you have experienced the conceit of The Villages sales and marketing machine.

On my second visit here sales people went from how can we make your experience more enjoyable to take what we give you or leave. I left telling the sales person what I demanded in a home for the non-negotiable prices they were demanding. She found it all for me in 3 weeks. I am still self-debating if I am glad she did???????????????????????
Old 12-19-2013, 07:05 PM

Thank you all for your very helpful comments.
Rubicon: Yes, I am becoming a little uncomfortable with some aspects of the purchase process. It is also incredible that a home purchased two years ago with no improvements can increase in value by 30% if the asking price is met.
This is a reality we must deal with, and from what I read so many are happy here and I hope we can become a part of TV family. I hope you are also happy with your choice of home. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.