"Rent includes sales tax" Calculations

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 09:47 PM

Sorry Jane, I still disagree with you. As "Darfap" said above the 9% tax includes 6% for the state, 2% for the county tourism, and 1% county discretionary. The one payment per month pays the state and county.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:29 AM

I submit a monthly return to Florida Dept of Revenue and pay them the tax of 9% - the return shows the 2% Sumter portion as a note on the back of the return (coupon) which I assume they pay to Sumter

Always advertise rental as including tax but show rent and tax separately on the rental agreement
Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg View Post
I submit a monthly return to Florida Dept of Revenue and pay them the tax of 9% - the return shows the 2% Sumter portion as a note on the back of the return (coupon) which I assume they pay to Sumter

Always advertise rental as including tax but show rent and tax separately on the rental agreement
Our rental is in Volusia County and they have their own tax form which we have to submit to them in addition to the State form, so maybe this is something specific then to that County. Maybe because Daytona Beach Shores has its own special tax. We are going to look at this; but this is how we have to do it every month, so we stand corrected for how you do it here. It is definitely different at the beach....
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg View Post

We also do the monthly coupon route. We were told by the state of Florida it is easier for the owner of the property and also the county, if funds are paid directly to the state and they distribute the fund to individual county's. Less room for error as well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.