Rental Amenities

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoman View Post
Thank you for all of the advice. just trying to keep the costs down, and still
provide the basic conveniences.
The 'basics' to you and any renter might be considerably different...look at some of the folks who expect internet access [which is not provided] when they are here on the villages sponsored lifestyle vists as one example.

Best suggestion besides what info is offered here is to consider how much rent you will be charging and what you would expect to be furnished by the landlord for that cost.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Veteran member

When we rent our place, we hope that the guests will find it so well equipped that they will tell everyone about it. Some one said to me to not put luxury soaps in the bathroom and then supply raggedy towels in same. That may help keep it in perspective. We don't buy expensive flatware but we do have decent pots and pans, simple good dishes and I buy the nicest inexpensive glasses that I can find at Old Time Pottery and plastic drinking cups because I know they will take them outside.

In the summer months we don't pay for guests temporary ID cards. It's up to the tenant. We barely break even in the summer.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:33 PM

I have heard that if you are renting the unit, you must show it as income,and that you are only able to stay in that unit for approx. 2 weeks a year-and that is only to do upkeep and maintainence. I have found that a lot of people don't know that.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Default Rentals

Great list but add one more item
My renters get a outdoor grill. I supply everything else.
My access cards get turned in and then the renters can pick up theirs using my house address. I have them buy the cards
just my opinion
Old 07-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Sage

Is it true that if the rental is six months or longer there is no sales tax due? If so, is this true in all counties?
Old 07-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I have heard that if you are renting the unit, you must show it as income,and that you are only able to stay in that unit for approx. 2 weeks a year-and that is only to do upkeep and maintainence. I have found that a lot of people don't know that.

Can someone expand on this??????
Old 07-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoman View Post
My wife and I are purchasing a home in Orange Blossom, and while we will be also using it as a vacation spot, we also want to be able to rent it out. What would be a good inventory for a rental property, and should that inventory be adjusted for long term versus short term? I guess, what I'm asking, is should we have serving items or treat it like a lake cabin, expecting the tenants to provide eating utensils etc...? Also, what is the best path to go when offering amenity passes for the tenants?

One of my neighbors rents out his home in Orange Blossom
For the months of February, March and april, And he gets around $3000. per month.

This what I would do if i were you, if you look for long term tenants, you will get trash, there are many on this side.
Rent fully furnished, towels, kitchen, pots and pans, leaving a golf cart helps a lot. When one rents, they turn in there ID, and the tenant has all privileges as the owner.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.