Rentals listed at half the value of Zillow

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Default Rentals listed at half the value of Zillow

Except vacation rentals regular yearly or more are listed by Realtors at about half the actual or fair value amount. Why? Also, The Villages is the ONLY market in the USA where it is EXPECTED that the owner pay amenities (used by tenant) & yard upkeep services, etc. This in turn causes most owners that do not live there or ever intend to do so, convert them to vacation rentals to at least break even.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen lovely View Post
Except vacation rentals regular yearly or more are listed by Realtors at about half the actual or fair value amount. Why? Also, The Villages is the ONLY market in the USA where it is EXPECTED that the owner pay amenities (used by tenant) & yard upkeep services, etc. This in turn causes most owners that do not live there or ever intend to do so, convert them to vacation rentals to at least break even.
If owners never intended to live here than I would think they bought intending to rent. As an owner you can have your tenant pay what ever they are willing to pay...amenities and yard. But you will find that May only happen in a long term
Old 02-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Seems like most homeowners factor the amenities, etc., into rent on long-term rentals. At least if the homeowner pays for yard work, he knows it is being taken care of. Seems like a wise move to me.

Afraid I don't understand what you are trying to say about realtors. I've found that property managed by realtors is usually at a higher rate than those rented directly.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.