Renting and Appliances

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Default Renting and Appliances

Need some opinions and advice please - Living room TV in our rental broke,
it is a 32 inch monster and we are replacing it with a 29 inch from the bedroom.
The question is... How important are TVs when it comes to rental appeal?
Thanks for your input.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Sage

I've been told they are important! That there needs to be one in the L.R. and in the B.R.---along with cable or a dish. These plus computer hookups with a dsl.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Definitely high on most renters' lists. And, yes, one for at least the living room and bedroom is crucial (many would prefer there be one in the guest bedroom as well). I have found that renters rarely care about size -- just that they can see the picture and it has decent sound. The sports nuts, however, want a big screen. Had one renter who actually went out and purchased a 50 inch TV and then took it home with him.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Thanks. The main screen when out, and the wife doesn't want to replace it
with a new one. Talking to the property manager, she feels a 29 inch tv in the
living room is a bit small. we have 19 inchers in the FLA room and spare b/r.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Extremely important. We've had rentals at the beach for 15 years. We are asked often what size TV is in the great room and if each bedroom has a TV. When we set up the house in Pinellas we made sure the set up is what people want. The next question now is if they are flat screen and HD. The cost of the TV is small in comparison to the loss of a rental. I don't watch a lot of TV and this is difficult for me to comprehend. I have to think through the eyes of the guest paying the mortgage.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Gold member

I agree that it is extremely important. But then, I had to be a news junkie in my prior life and I can't break the habit.

Although Mom and I own a home in The Villages, we have to rent when we come down! I always make sure there is atleast two TVs. I also use exercise DVDs and sometimes have to use my computer to do them.

Before we bought in The Villages, we had a beach condo in St. Augustine. We had a 36 inch TV with DVD player in the living room, a 20 inch TV with DVD player in the master bedroom and a smaller TV in the second bedroom. We were told the little kids loved the DVDs on the rainy days when they couldn't be on the beach.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Very important and definitely 29" way too small. TV's are relatively inexpensive, it most likely will be a write off also so why be so ..... cheap?
I'm sure your wife most likely wants the most rent she can possibly get for your home correct? It's just the cost of doing business.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoman View Post
Need some opinions and advice please - Living room TV in our rental broke,
it is a 32 inch monster and we are replacing it with a 29 inch from the bedroom.
The question is... How important are TVs when it comes to rental appeal?
Thanks for your input.
We have a 50" in the living room and a 32" in each bedroom, master and guest. I don't watch that much TV so I didn't think it was that important but everyone who contacts us about renting want to know how big the TVs are, how many
there are and how many stations we get. We only get one sport station and I think that is a big deciding factor. We may go to more stations.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:19 PM

I would think in this day and age, and the new kinds of TV's that are out there, probably the minimum you would want in the living room is a 42" (without knowing the size of the living room)???

We have a 55" in the living room, 42" in the Master and a 32" in the spare bedroom.

We have Smart TV's, you don't need to do that, but the prices are reasonable.

The three TV's in The Villages were all together cheaper, than the one50" Sony I bought for my main house living room in 2008. Prices came down on TV's big time over the last five years
Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 PM

29 inches ?????
Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I remember when we got a 27 in. console and thought it was huge. But...by today's standards, I would not call 32" a monster. That would be about the minimum size for the bedroom and probably 40+ for the living room. We have 46" in the living room, and if we had a larger house, I would have gone bigger. As mentioned, not too much price difference.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.