Required items in rentals

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Default Required items in rentals

Is there a list of the items/aminiies required to have in your home for renters?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 PM

If you use The Villages Home Property Management to handle the rental of your home, I believe they have a list of requirements. I don't know about other property management companies. If you manage the rental yourself (advertising, making arrangements with renters, collect rental fees, etc.), then there aren't requirements that I'm aware of.

It matters also if you are renting your home furnished or unfurnished.

There are lists that home owners put together as helpful checklists, rather than a required checklist. You can search on the Internet for these lists as well. If you would like me to send you the one that I put together for myself, based on looking at other lists, PM me and I'll email it to you.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Go room by room and think of all the things that you would need to live comfortably besides the furniture. Ex... CLOSETS, plenty of hangers, MASTER BEDROOM, clock, lights, two sets of sheets, mattress pad, BATHROOM, towels if you are providing, toilet brush and cleaner, cleaning supplies, a few rolls of toilet paper, iron and board, CLEANING SUPPLIES ARE IMPORTANT!!!! Depending on how long your tenant(s) are staying, you may want to have someone replenish after each tenant departs, vaccum cleaner, broom, trash cans. Also, make a list of how to clean certain objects in your home. For example, the newer homes have glass cooktops. Make sure you write down how to clean properly so no one destroys accidently. Just use your common sense, you will figure it out.
Hope this helped.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Sage

I have seen the Villages Home Property Management List and it is quite comprehensive and extensive. For example, tableware service for 12, plus serving utensils. If you can get hold of a copy of that list it would certainly help you.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i put everything in our home that we would need if we lived there full time have a list for renters room by room

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.