Is the road noise loud away from turnpike about 1/4 mile?

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2021, 01:02 AM
Default Is the road noise loud away from turnpike about 1/4 mile?

Dear Villagers, We are going to purchase a homesite at the intersection between Meggison Rd and Warm Springs ave. in the village of Hawkins. From google map, I found the homesite from the turnpike is about 1/4 mile. In terms of our experience in Pittsburgh, PA, the road noise is very loud from the same distance in open space. Our agent told us the road noise cannot be heard at all. We don’t have any experiences for this issue in the villages environment. There are 3-4 houses between my homesite and Meggison Rd. The agent said there is a wall around the community. May someone tell your feeling on the road noise under the similar circumstances? Your advise is highly appreciated. TIA
Old 11-02-2021, 10:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,318 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz15057 View Post
Dear Villagers, We are going to purchase a homesite at the intersection between Meggison Rd and Warm Springs ave. in the village of Hawkins. From google map, I found the homesite from the turnpike is about 1/4 mile. In terms of our experience in Pittsburgh, PA, the road noise is very loud from the same distance in open space. Our agent told us the road noise cannot be heard at all. We don’t have any experiences for this issue in the villages environment. There are 3-4 houses between my homesite and Meggison Rd. The agent said there is a wall around the community. May someone tell your feeling on the road noise under the similar circumstances? Your advise is highly appreciated. TIA
I live in Citrus Grove and, according to Google Maps, the house is about 1700 feet from the Turnpike. If we are in our lanai and, depending on the wind direction, you can hear the traffic but it isn't that loud - more like background noise. I just walked out right now and I could see the traffic but could not hear it. When we are in the house with the windows closed, you cannot hear it. However, I would definitely check it out for yourself as people have various sensitivity to traffic noise.
Closed Thread

Tags
road, noise, homesite, meggison, turnpike

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.