Seller's share of Closing Cost

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2014, 02:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
If anyone, as a professional realtor, would pass over showing a listing because they feel that the commission is too low and more important than the potential sale of a home, to a client, then.....what can I say.

Listings in south florida, Broward, have been seen, at times, as low as 3%, I have seen them at 2%. 5% , as well as 6 and on the higher side 7%. Everythings negotiable and acceptable. The sherman act explains, expressing..."all realtors charge that fee, is unlawful" That is not what I was trying to communicate. Norm is the the wrong word to use in a listing appointment, but, most prevelant "norm" is a word I feel works for my point in my discussion.

My experiences, my views....

The villages listing agreement is not exactly the same, so I hear, to the listing agreements used by the Board of Realtors. If a seller cancels, the agent forfits any funds they used in the process of selling. Its part of the good and bad of sales, But read the contract....before you sign.... Also the length of the listing contract 3/6/12 months is also negotiable.

Good luck with your search for a realtor you feel comfortable with. Ask for references, thats your best way.
You are seriously misquoting me. Let me make it more clear for you. If there are 6 properties that are paying say, a 6% commission, and there is one paying a lower rate of commision, I can promise you that it will be the six that will be shown if they fit what the buyer is looking for. It has nothing to do with professionalism; it has to do with economics. I will bet you a million dollars that you would also show those six propeties first. I did not say that the property listed at a lower commission would not be shown at all, but the chances are certainly a lot less than the others.

Yes, there are brokers that will list a property for 2% or 3%. I will tell you that they are not full-service companies and a seller takes his chances in listing with that kind of company. 5% is not unusual but I have not seen a 7% commissiion in many years unless a seller is desperate and does that as an incentive to get more showings and hopefully a fast sale.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:33 AM
Sage

I have bought and sold 6 houses in Florids and New York and I never paid the broker's fee when selling, but then my husband was a lawyer. However the last sale, after he passed away, was difficult to negotiate and I had to hire a lawyer. I can tell you that you don't want to go to a closing and have a big ugly surprise.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Gold member

wow.....expressing an opinion on this site leads to very nasty comments sent in personal messages.

I am not a drunk, or a dog on the orange couch, I think the morses have a good thing going, but I do believe they are in it for the money, but whats so bad about that. And I sleep at night, I don't spend my time on the computer.

So there......lol
Old 09-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina

Quote:
wow.....expressing an opinion on this site leads to very nasty comments sent in personal messages.

I am not a drunk, or a dog on the orange couch, I think the morses have a good thing going, but I do believe they are in it for the money, but whats so bad about that. And I sleep at night, I don't spend my time on the computer.

So there......lol
Kstew43, I appreciate your comments and I'm sorry if someone didn't agree with what you had to say. Everybody who had some input is appreciated and I feel I got a little more educated.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Gold member

thank you.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Red face

Quote:

So there......lol
I have not sent you a nasty Private Message and if you thought I was being rude, my comment to you was not meant to be that. I only tried to "fix" what I thought was incorrect information. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. However, having been in real estate over 30 years, I find that most people are very misinformed or ignorant regarding many real estate things.

BTW -- the dog on the orange couch is a very nice dog!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I have not sent you a nasty Private Message and if you thought I was being rude, my comment to you was not meant to be that. I only tried to "fix" what I thought was incorrect information. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. However, having been in real estate over 30 years, I find that most people are very misinformed or ignorant regarding many real estate things.

BTW -- the dog on the orange couch is a very nice dog!
The personal message was not sent by you.....it was sent from another, it appears, to you and me?, and I wont mention there name, complimenting what you said to me, showing there beliefs, to you, about my integrity, my looks, my a alcohol consumption and so on.. It was verbatim.

There also was a apology, personnel message, that I recieved, apparently when the sender realized they sent the message to me and possibly not you. That came much later.

Just goes to show The Villages is not quite the friendliest town around. and by the way, I am a card carrying member of the Board REALTOR.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.