Signed Contract feeling rushed

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2020, 09:19 AM
Default Signed Contract feeling rushed

Any input as to going forward on a house in the Hawkins area. We signed the contract on Saturday but we just feel rushed as we are not down there and everything is now now now. Gave them the $2500.00 on CC and only have a few days to cancel so please all input about living there and the fees would greatly be appreciated with any problems or good experiences you had especially going this way. Thanks in advance. Ken
Old 12-21-2020, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Me? I would never buy a home without seeing it. Don't let them rush you, you may regret it later. Have you been to the area where Hawkins is?
Old 12-21-2020, 09:34 AM

Good Day! I'm sure you'll receive many response form those that have contributed and participated in this forum much, much, more often. But I feel compelled to respond to you. IMO your "feeling" is telling you something worth paying attention to. Making an emotional buying decision, which I believe is where you are headed, on a home (anywhere) is asking for disappointment due to not doing your due diligence. The fact is there will always be homes to by here, there, and everywhere. And doing so on your terms and in your time and for your reasons will always be the right decision. Best of luck to you!
Old 12-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

IMHO ... If you have serious doubts, then cancel right now. No need to be stuck with a large debt and be stuck somewhere you don’t want to be. A good sales person will understand. “Buyers remorse “ is normal, but thinking the process through, and talking about it, might help. There are a lot of options down here, and it’s possible that many of them may be better. When it comes to signing a contract ......Think it thru .. before you do
Old 12-21-2020, 09:53 AM

Cancel now, we waited about a week and half after initially buying a place, during our lifestyle visit in spring 2019, before cancelling (cost us $500)

Do it on your schedule and you'll feel a lot better about it, no need to rush it.

FYI we ended up coming back down for 4 months last winter, took our time and bought a place in Feb. right before the Covid madness hit.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

Did you visit the Villages? Did you visit the Hawkins area? Did you see your potential home or plot?

IMHO, if the answer is no, and with feeling rushed. I personally would wait and also get another sales agent. The Villages is growing by leaps and bounds and there are always homes available and new Villages opening.

My sales agent was GREAT. I never felt rushed and he was more than helpful. He also put the property on hold for a while to give us some time to think it over. He always said that we need to do what WE think is best.

I'll give you his name if you need/want it.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:15 AM
Gold member

slow down...... buying a home in The Villages, site unseen is not a good idea. Many people have made that same mistake with the highway and all the other issues that might be around the lot or home you chose.

Resind the CC, and make plans to come down and see everything about the lot you choose, with your own eyes, before paying for it.... If you loose that lot or house, no worries as another is being built as we speak.

My opinion as a retired MLS realtor. Good luck with your decision, you'll love it down here.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdharley07@gmail.com View Post
Any input as to going forward on a house in the Hawkins area. We signed the contract on Saturday but we just feel rushed as we are not down there and everything is now now now. Gave them the $2500.00 on CC and only have a few days to cancel so please all input about living there and the fees would greatly be appreciated with any problems or good experiences you had especially going this way. Thanks in advance. Ken
Another poster a few days ago talked about the unpleasant surprise of being told by the mortgage company that their address (in Chitty Chatty) is in a flood zone. The lender would require flood insurance being granting a loan. As a buyer you should probably know about that even if paying cash.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

It could be just buyers remorse I have bought a lot of homes in my life and I still get it
Old 12-21-2020, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Cancel, do a lifestyle visit.
The questions you are asking.....should have been answered before you signed anything
Old 12-21-2020, 11:51 AM

We just put a deposit down on a lot, our realtor was great he video taped the area which we had seen in November as we did a lifestyle visit. We went through the same thing, putting deposit down and mailing rest. I guess that is the way they do it. As far as the fees, we called citizens bank and set up a phone call and asked questions about fees for closing, loan, property taxes, hazard insurance etc.He sent us an estimate and we have a call with him today to explain the whole estimate.
If your talking about the fees to live in the Villages, I watched You Tube videos and used The Talk of The Villages for estimates. I also have a few friends that live there and could ask them questions.
I’d be happy to talk with you, if you want to know what I found out about the fees for financing.
Leanne
Old 12-21-2020, 12:13 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Did they tell u about the bond?
Old 12-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Platinum member

Your apprehension is completely understandable. In 2005 there was a waiting list and your sales person would call and say “don’t feel pressured but there’s a home that meets your criteria and oh by the way, I have it set aside for 2 hours.” So over time many people have felt rushed. Fifteen years later, we have never had any regrets. It’s a wonderful place to live in retirement. Of course we had no idea then that it would grow exponentially. But growth was inevitable.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdharley07@gmail.com View Post

Do not sign anything for a village home you feel rushed into doing. Have you ever been to the new Hawkins area? We visited the villages before we signed. Bought in Monarch Grove. The first year we felt isolated. That feeling went away once we got used to the area. A new Publix will be opening in several moths very near by and some more stores for food, etc. The Villages is growing really fast. If you miss a home in Hawkins many more new homes are popping up fast.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Realtors in general and in The Villages in particular give you that "now now now" feeling. Makes you just wanna say "STOP".

I personally would not purchase a property without being there, but I'm old old school.

If you need to just step back and "hold the phone", tell 'em that and do it. There are tons of houses out here. Be sure you're OK with it all. If you haven't, I'd suggest spending some rental time down here to get the lay of the land. And when you buy, make sure you know how your property lies (ie: orientation, traffic, water, etc).

Best wishes and happy holidays.
Closed Thread

Tags
contract, signed, input, rushed, fees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.