Temp Resident IDs vs my amenity fee

Temp Resident IDs vs my amenity fee

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:04 PM

You as the owners have to give up your green cards for your renters to be issued temporary resident passes. So, I guess you are an "outsider" for the whole time your renters are here. You can't even get one of your friends to sponsor you for a "guest" card if your driver's license has a Village's address because there is a no guest card policy for anyone living in the three counties of Lake, Marion, and Sumter.

As far as the $50 charge, I think it must be for administration fees and for storing your cards until your return. Yes, those $50 charges are a money maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
So if I am a "visitor" to TV while my house is rented out, am I able to use my resident ID as normal or do I forfeit that privilege becuz the renters get temp IDs as part of my rental? If the latter, then they pay $50 to obtain, yet I continue to pay my amenity fee but can't use the amenities? Sounds like TV is double dipping if this is true.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 PM

Your I'd is suspended while your renter has his (their) temporary I'd. The monthly amenity fee paid by each house is what is used to maintain and support the amenities. The $50 is a one time fee for the temporary card. No matter how long the renter is here they only pay the fee once.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2016, 09:20 PM

yes
Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

While someone is renting your house you cannot use the amenities because you forfeit them to your renters.The 50 dollars is a processing fee of the paperwork done to get the temporary resident I D to your renter. Also if your only address is in The Villages or the trip county area you won't be able to get a guest pass.

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 PM

You become a none Villager as soon as you hand in your green cards to get the renters their temporary resident cards. You can't even get one of your friends to sponsor you for a "guest" card if your driver's license has an address in Sumter, Lake or Marion counties. The renters are using all of the facilities that your amenity fees pay for. As far as the $50, I guess it's for administration fees and storing your resident green cards?
Old 01-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Sage

Why not call the District Office and ask the question?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-25-2016, 10:44 PM

Yes you forfeit your use of the Amenities if you give your rights to a renter via a guest card.

I think the $50. is an administrative fee but I am not sure.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-26-2016, 06:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
So if I am a "visitor" to TV while my house is rented out, am I able to use my resident ID as normal or do I forfeit that privilege becuz the renters get temp IDs as part of my rental? If the latter, then they pay $50 to obtain, yet I continue to pay my amenity fee but can't use the amenities? Sounds like TV is double dipping if this is true.
You do forfeit your privileges. You surrender them to your renters. There is no double dipping. Your renters are now using amenities. Kind of like a set of amenities goes with your house not the owner. If both of you got to use the amenities more facilities would be required. Technically you should be baking your amenity fee as part of the rent. It's no different than taxes, utilities, home owners, etc. are all in the price of the rent you established. As far as the $50. That's more like process and handling than paying for amenities. New cards are issued and temp ID numbers plugged into golf system. And of course the developers now have the contact information of potential new buyers (that's not a negative statement folks). I think it's a very fair system for all.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:47 AM
Sage

Not true, because your renters do not pay the amenity fee. It is only charged once on each lot #.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Sage

if you rent then your renters get your resident IDs. If you are staying here at someone else's house then you would get resident IDs for that house. But yes you give up your IDs to the renters. It's not double dipping

Tags
pay, fee, resident, temp, ids, amenity, obtain, rental, $50, sounds, double, dipping, true, amenities, continue, house, rented, visitor, becuz, renters, privilege, normal, forfeit, part