Is TV planning on building more Patio Villas?

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Default Is TV planning on building more Patio Villas?

Is TV planning on building more Patio Villas?Only two new Patio Villas are listed on the TV website and the listing price is around $180,000.00.
The prices on pre-owned Patio Villas seemed to be up $10,000 to $20,000 from the prices during May 2013 when we closed on our Patio Villa in Lynnhaven.Looks like all homes in TV are selling fast.
Is the housing market on the upswing in TV?
Your thoughts please.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
Is TV planning on building more Patio Villas?Only two new Patio Villas are listed on the TV website and the listing price is around $180,000.00.
The prices on pre-owned Patio Villas seemed to be up $10,000 to $20,000 from the prices during May 2013 when we closed on our Patio Villa in Lynnhaven.Looks like all homes in TV are selling fast.
Is the housing market on the upswing in TV?
Your thoughts please.
YES it is, people up north are finally selling their homes now and buying . The prices will continue to go up, according to one Realtor a patio villa will run 200,000 .. soon.. nice .... you can't go wrong with any purchase, unless you buy a 12 to 15 year old patio villa that someone wants to dump and then go buy a new one....... location is the key. The closer it is to one of the squares, the faster it will appreciate. Some really good deals north of 466 , but most people rent and want LSL or further south now. Close to any square is good.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
Is TV planning on building more Patio Villas?
We were told when we picked up our IDs on February 1 that The Villages will no longer be building Patio Villas. I am very glad that we bought one before prices sky rocket (more than they have in the last year.)
Old 02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Veteran member

I don't know about the number of CYV TV plans to build but I was talking to a realtor from TV the other day and he said TV was only going to build 165 more patio villages and consequently those houses are seeing their prices rachet up due to supply and demand. The one I was looking at was $185,000 with really no upgrades. Pretty steep IMHO.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

a friend just bought one for $169,900 unfurnished..2 years old
Old 02-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Sage

Real estate is definitely on the upswing. When I was looking in July/August, 2013, for 2B/2B patio villa, a brand new one was about 145K. Now, they are listed for 186K. You can buy a preowned for less, (little or no bond), but you need to consider how much it will cost you, if you want to decorate it, to your taste. My real estate person said I could get 20K to 25K from the date I bought my home, (six months ago). I think I could get more, as I have made several improvements.

I think I got in just under the wire, and I am so lucky! You might want to consider a pre-owned home as the new one's will be near Brownwood. A pre-owned will give you a better selection, of where you want to live. The pre-owned homes have mature landscaping. There are many lovely pre-owned homes in TV.

The really new section being built in Fruitland Park will be bigger homes, and more money. I haven't checked recently, but it seeems inventory is down, and demand is still great. Real estate is moving fast, so be ready to pull the trigger when you see something you like.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

yes the market in TV is on the upswing and has been for at least the last 18 months or more.

And yes, the closer to build out the higher the prices will continue to go....and resales will be the benefactor as the baby boomers only entry to TV will be via resales.

As predicted years ago!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Default Courtyard villas

We had heard that they will stop making villas. I read here about the patio villa being discontinued. What about the courtyard villas? Will they continue to be made?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmom3 View Post
We had heard that they will stop making villas. I read here about the patio villa being discontinued. What about the courtyard villas? Will they continue to be made?
There are some brand new ones in the Village of Dunedin, near Brownwood. They are called The Leyton Villas. Friends just bought one, closing tomorrow.

They are going fast.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.