The Villages Properties Vs Outside Realtors/MLS

The Villages Properties Vs Outside Realtors/MLS

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBecker View Post
What is the percentage of properties in The Villages listed by The Villages Properties compared to the percentage of properties listed by outside realtors via MLS? Does any realtor/company list ALL the homes that are for sale in The Villages? Trying to decide whether to choose a realtor first, then search for a home (and be limited to only those homes that the realtor lists), or find a home first, then search for a realtor to help acquire that home (thereby looking for a home without good help/local knowledge). Seems that the realtor arrangement/lineup in The Villages is more complicated than it should be!
Currently it is about a 60-40 split with TV at 60%.

No.. you must work with both TV and a REALTOR to see all the preowned homes, and yes it is a bummer for customers, but TV choose this back in 1994. I can show you TV homes, but they do not compensate anyone but themselves, so I do not show

I would choose a realtor first and let them send you available listings to review and then see only the ones you are interested in

Visit my website for GREAT information about The Villages Florida www.LyleGant.com

Old 05-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

If you are looking at new homes................100% TV.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

For new homes ití simple, The Village Properties has the exclusive rights to sell new homes in the Villages. Currently, The Village Properties are listing 535 preowned homes for sale. Zillow list 319 houses for sale that are not being sold by the Village Properties. There are good deals on new homes that havenít sold in the older (one year old) neighborhoods such as The Village of Deaton where my house is located.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Sage

When I was looking for a house down here, I went to The Villages website and saw hundreds of homes. I selected several that I might be interested in and contacted The Villages. I got hooked up with a great agent who took me around to all the homes I had listed plus a few more.

It seems to me that Properties of The Villages has this huge advantage. If I were selling I can't imagine why I would go anywhere else. Maybe the fees are a bit higher, I don't honestly know. I was told that POTV gets 5%. I don't know what other's get, but it doesn't seem to me to be worth and extras one or two percent to go with someone that is local.

A woman on my street had he home listed with a local agent for months and it didn't sell. She switched companies to another local agent and a few months later when it didn't sell, she switched to POTV and the house sold within days.

I realize that this is just one case and it might have been coincidental, but it affirmed my point to me.

Just my opinion. And no, I don't work for POTV.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:11 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
When I was looking for a house down here, I went to The Villages website and saw hundreds of homes. I selected several that I might be interested in and contacted The Villages. I got hooked up with a great agent who took me around to all the homes I had listed plus a few more.

It seems to me that Properties of The Villages has this huge advantage. If I were selling I can't imagine why I would go anywhere else. Maybe the fees are a bit higher, I don't honestly know. I was told that POTV gets 5%. I don't know what other's get, but it doesn't seem to me to be worth and extras one or two percent to go with someone that is local.

A woman on my street had he home listed with a local agent for months and it didn't sell. She switched companies to another local agent and a few months later when it didn't sell, she switched to POTV and the house sold within days.

I realize that this is just one case and it might have been coincidental, but it affirmed my point to me.

Just my opinion. And no, I don't work for POTV.
--------------- YES there are a million stories... really depends on the AGENT and oh yes PRICE.. a lot of times folks will not lower price and then all of a sudden the new agent talks them into it and wala...SOLD

Visit my website for GREAT information about The Villages Florida www.LyleGant.com

Old 07-08-2015, 07:21 AM

When listing your home, if you go with a Realtor, your home will appear on literally hundreds of websites that are out there that feed from the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). The most accurate of these websites is Realtor.com as it gets updated every 15 minutes with the mls. You also will have a person that is eager to sell your home, that will be honest with you and never use your home as a staging ground to sell a new home. If you choose a Sales Representative from The Properties of The Villages your house will only be listed on what is known as the VLS (Villages Listing Service). What that means is that The Villages does not share there listings with any outside source so for the outside world to find your listing they have to know about The Villages and know about their website. The Properties of The Villages does not belong to The National Association of Realtors and nor do they take the oath of ethics. They do not co-broke (share in the sale of) with any outside Real Estate Agency. It is the only entity that does this. The Properties of The Villages is also the only "Developing Company" of it's kind to sell pre-owned properties where the buyer has no representation as they are not transaction agents/ brokers. I know when we were shopping and wanted to look at the pre-owned homes, a Village Sales Agent took us and once we looked at it then she said "now I'm going to show you what you can get brand new and for a whole lot less". Yes...we drank the kool-aide to and loved it! Now looking back we wished we would have looked at pre-owned homes with a Realtor. So how did we find out about The Villages? Well it was really in two ways. The Villages found me and asked me to interview for a position. We drove up from Orlando and fell in love...what is there not to love? Then my mother and stepfather found this as they had been looking to a retirement community. They narrowed their field down to The Villages and Trinity, FL. They ended up choosing The Villages. Once my stepfather passed my mother listed through The Villages because she wanted to downsize and took a loss on her property after they had promised that she would definitely gain a profit and that she would get a discount on the commission because she was buying another home through them. They do make many promises that a Realtor would never make. I hope this helps you...sorry to rant...but I just really want the facts to get out there...
Old 10-21-2015, 07:10 AM

If I had to do it all over again I would go with The Villages realtor. I had a bad experience buying a home through ReMax, Lady Lake, Rt 441. My realtor and the franchise owner were unresponsive to more than one problem I had with the home after the close. I'm a reasonable person that only expects a minimal amount of repect and understanding. ReMax failed miserably with me.
Closed Thread