when is the busiest sales season

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Default when is the busiest sales season

We are looking to buy a preowned home. Is there a time of year when more people list their homes? It seems a little quiet in the summertime.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

snowbird season between dec - april...most of us being there between jan - mar.

but you can be sure you will pay the highest price for property during that period. i'd say listing prices generally start to lower by the beginning of may.

totv sponsor lyle gant runs a great mls website The Villages [no properties exclusive to villages sales staff]. his site has lots of details - incldg how many days prop has been on mkt and all price changes during that time. i don't work for/with him - i just love his site!

Old 07-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Sage

There are definitely fewer homes on the market - can tell by the mailings I'm currently receiving from REALTORs looking for listings. A house goes on the market and is sold shortly thereafter. I also think sellers are really starting to push the envelope as far as price - supply and demand in effect here. Good luck on your search.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

finding the right house is the most important...take your time
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 AM

Lyle,
You have stated that we can expect to pay a "little more in high season". Are there any guidelines you can offer so we could decide upon a fair offer and reject a selling price that is simply much too high? Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.