2000 gas ez go wont start

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Default 2000 gas ez go wont start

Hello Frank

my 2000 gas ez go will not start with it's battery fully charge it will turn over fast it will give a putt putt. if I jump start will another battery same thing I can use my 200 amp jump start on my battery charger it starts right up even with no choke. i messure the voltage from the charger at the battery while in jump start mode the voltages read 17 volts. after It starts i can hold the gas pedal at a level rpm and change the amps setting on the charger from 200 amps to 40 amps to 2 amp the rpm lowers as I lower the amps the voltage from the charger also lowers about 2 volt for each stage. the coil has 12 volts on red wire the voltage on white wire change while turning the motor over the primary winding on the coil messures 3 ohms.

The motor had been starting good when it begin to be hard to start after it would start it run very slow for about a minute all at once it would pick up and run normal.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Eternal Member

When you jump start you are over riding the micro switch under the floor, most of the time this small switch replacement should solve the problem.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:33 PM

I have taking the switch out it test good. when I try starting the cart the motor spins plenty fast enough it should start it's only when I put the 200 amp jump start from the battery charger on the battery that it will start and run. the charger in the 200 amp stage is applying 17 volts to the battery. Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member

It would seam to be an electrical issue for sure and the fact that you increase in 12 volt circuit with higher amps that is reviving a device in the primary and secondary ignition to enable starting is only a temporary cure.

Without replacement parts and an engine that does not have hookups with codes it makes only guesswork from here.

May be time for a professional diagnostic look.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.