2005 Club Car problem

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Default 2005 Club Car problem

I have 2005 gas Club Car that I keep at my local golf course in Alberta, Canada. In late April I will be getting it ready for the 2013 season.

Last fall, I was having some issues where, although the engine was turning over, the cart would not move unless I pumped the gas pedal a few times. I found that if I gave a surge of gas before after I stopped, the cart would usually start to move ok next time. I changed out the belts, gas filters and spark plug, with no improvement.

Could this be a carburator/choke problem?

I read some time back about a micro-switch on the gas pedal causing problems, but I am not sure if my cart has one, but if so are these the symptoms I would expect?

With the engine turning over ok, I assume the solenoid would not be the problem.

Any ideas as to the cause?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Eternal Member
Default Gas cart problem

The fact that the engine turners over eliminates most of the electrical issues. It sounds like a fuel flow problem and most likely a float problem in the carb. The needle and seat could be leaking off while sitting causing you not to have reserve fuel for start up. We are finding a good amount build-up in the carbs when we remove and dismantle, we then soak in acid and reassemble and adjust.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
The fact that the engine turners over eliminates most of the electrical issues. It sounds like a fuel flow problem and most likely a float problem in the carb. The needle and seat could be leaking off while sitting causing you not to have reserve fuel for start up. We are finding a good amount build-up in the carbs when we remove and dismantle, we then soak in acid and reassemble and adjust.
Frank, thanks. One of my golf buddies who does his own car mechanics felt the same i.e it could be the carburetor.
Once I get home, I will pull the carb and clean it. Is there a commercial acid bath solution that I need to ask for?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Eternal Member
Default Acid Solution

It comes in a gallon can with a basket for soaking and is available in all auto parts stores and in some Walmarts for $ 18-23.
Be sure to remove and rubber and gaskit material before soaking.

Regarde,

Frank
Old 03-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
It comes in a gallon can with a basket for soaking and is available in all auto parts stores and in some Walmarts for $ 18-23.
Be sure to remove and rubber and gaskit material before soaking.

Regarde,

Frank
Thanks, again. I will check my local automotive store.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.