Starter/Generator Problem?

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Default Starter/Generator Problem?

Frank - I have a 1996 gas powered Club Car. Frequently when I push the accelerator from a stopped position the engine will cough and hesitate. When I lift off the accelerator and depress again the engine will start and the cart will proceed. This is really a problem when I have the cart in stop and go traffic. Any idea what the problem could be? I am using premium gasoline.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Eternal Member
Default Gas Club Car

We are finding buildup in most carts carburetors. This is caused by the fact that our fuels have 10% vegetation added and it muck up these small carburetors. Don't wast your money on high test fuel for your low compression engine. Your carb needs a rebuild and you need to put an enzyme additive in your tank to take care of the 10 % of trouble.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
We are finding buildup in most carts carburetors. This is caused by the fact that our fuels have 10% vegetation added and it muck up these small carburetors. Don't wast your money on high test fuel for your low compression engine. Your carb needs a rebuild and you need to put an enzyme additive in your tank to take care of the 10% of trouble.
Frank,can you explain further about the enzyme additive - brand name, frequency of use, etc. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Eternal Member
Default Enzyme

The Enzyme fuel treatment we use is called Star-Tron. An 8 ounce bottle treats 128 gallons of gas. Advanced auto parts has it.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Default CarbRebuild

What would the average cost be of a carb rebuild?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
The Enzyme fuel treatment we use is called Star-Tron. An 8 ounce bottle treats 128 gallons of gas. Advanced auto parts has it.
Is this the equivalent of Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Platinum member

But what Frank recommends is Star Tron. I was asking if they are pretty much the same.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Eternal Member
Default Fuel Stabilizers

Hey guys, there are more than one fuel stabilizers on the market. When I am asked a simple question about a problem I try to keep the answer simple and suggest a method or a product that we have used with success. The E10 (Ethanol) added to today's fuels may be treated with StaBil, SeaFoam, or Star Tron, all good products however Star Tron is reported to deal with the sediment left behind in fuel tanks on carts and carburetor tanks and we have seen good results in the past year.

When we take a cart in with these symptoms we usually remove the carb, disassemble it, remove all gaskets and soak the carb in an acid based solution. Depending on the amount of sediment we find sometimes we soak overnight. We than flush and assemble the carb, change the filters in the system, check fuel lines, and drain and clean the fuel tank. The products previously mentioned should prevent the need for this type of service if used regularly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.