2012 Yamaha gas golf cart sporadic stalling problem

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Default 2012 Yamaha gas golf cart sporadic stalling problem

I am experiencing a sporadic but frustrating stalling problem with my Yamaha gas cart. The problem occurs occasionally during stop and go traffic or stops at an intersection. When it happens, there may be some sputtering or nothing at all. It appears no more gas is getting to the engine. Although I have thus far been able to restart within a minute or so, I am concerned that at some point I may get stranded.

When this has happened previously, my dealer's technicians have replaced something called an actuator (twice, most recently 4 months ago) and most recently my battery. However, currently the technician has failed to recreate the problem at his shop, nor sees anything wrong after a thorough checkup of the vehicle and claims everything is in fine working order.

Has anyone run into such a problem or can help diagnose it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldrich View Post
I am experiencing a sporadic but frustrating stalling problem with my Yamaha gas cart. The problem occurs occasionally during stop and go traffic or stops at an intersection. When it happens, there may be some sputtering or nothing at all. It appears no more gas is getting to the engine. Although I have thus far been able to restart within a minute or so, I am concerned that at some point I may get stranded.

When this has happened previously, my dealer's technicians have replaced something called an actuator (twice, most recently 4 months ago) and most recently my battery. However, currently the technician has failed to recreate the problem at his shop, nor sees anything wrong after a thorough checkup of the vehicle and claims everything is in fine working order.

Has anyone run into such a problem or can help diagnose it? Thanks in advance for your help.
It is very hard for a mechanic to diagnose a problem when you can’t recreate it. But this is the check list to go through
If the cart is dead no fire
1st) check battery voltage. Anything under 10.2 under a load is bad.
2nd) check the starter brushes.
3rd) put the cart in reverse and pull on the wires on the starter. See if you loose the buzzer if so you have a bad cable.

If you check all that out and your problem is not solved change the stop go switch on the foot pedal. They have a high failure rate.

If the motor is turning over and no fire.
1st) check the spark
2nd) make sure the air box is on good with no cracks. If both of them check out. Check the fuel end of the cart.
3) check the line from the motor to the fuel pump. Blow in the end on the fuel pump side if there is any settlement it will blow back in the motor. Next step would be to pull the carb and clean the float bowl and jets out. Always change the fuel filter in this process

Last edited by TOTV GOLF CART EXPERT; 02-12-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Tags
problem, gas, recently, yamaha, cart