2014 RXV will not move

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2016, 12:05 PM
Default 2014 RXV will not move

Does anyone have any experience with a 2014 RXV not moving in forward or reverse, even in neutral with the tow haul switch turned on? Also, the brake lights are always on. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:17 PM
Eternal Member

The electric brake being activated is hard to diagnose without a programmer device reading a fault code, but for safety sake you should remove one terminal from the batteries to avoide any extreme discharge of the batteries. There is obviously something causing the brake lights to remain on that in turn activates the motor brake and brake lights.
I don't know what your level of machinical skills you have and I am reluctant to suggest any further testing with a 48 volt cart.
Again removal of battery cable, if not confident get help, the electric brake being activated at this time will produce a reasonable spark when
Removing wire from battery. After removing battery wire slip end in a glove before laying down.
Be careful,
Frank
Old 07-31-2016, 08:46 PM

I failed to mention the brake lights were only on when the key is on. I don't know if that helps.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Eternal Member

If that only occurs with key is on than it is most likely the potentiometer on brake pedal is faulty. We are back again to needing a programmer to read the fault chad.
Closed Thread

Tags
rxv, turned, switch, brake, appreciated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.