Abnormal Tire Wear

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Default Abnormal Tire Wear

I have a 2008 EZGO gas, just used on asphalt and concrete...8 inch Greensaver tires...front tires are wearing out fast..max pressure is 35 ..dealer says keep them at 30...is that a tad high?
Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Eternal Member

The front tires wore down fast on my 2008 electric EZGO. Found out the front end was out of alignment.

On my 8 inch tires I kept them at 20 psi which is what I was told is the suggestd number.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Default Yamaha golf carts

It is wise to check regularly for adequate tire pressure. Typically the tire pressure for golf carts falls between 20-22 lbs per square inch - but check your manufacturer's recommended levels to be sure. Proper tire pressure is necessary for keeping your tires in good shape.

Too little pressure will cause the tread of your tires to wear down prematurely. If you are using your golf cart off-road, then a little less tire pressure will give you more traction - but more frequent check-ups on tire wear is recommended.

Too much pressure will cause the internal tire to wear down. Also, too much pressure in your tire will lessen the traction that your tires get on the ground
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Gold member

I believe that greensavers are very soft rubber compound, and will wear out faster than others when driven on roads.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Eternal Member
Default Tire wear

The Greensaver tire should wear correctly @ 22lbs if the wheel alignment is correct and no worn or loose parts.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 AM

The golf car manufacturers dont make the tires, so I would be very close (within a couple of pounds) of max air pressure recommended by the manufacturer of the tire.

30lbs maybe, but 22lbs is flat. ( if your car tire says 35lbs, would you run it at 22lbs?)

The RXVs are aligned differently and I would say that is where your problem lies. Have it properly aligned, set tire pressure at max, or very close to it and you will be fine.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.