Ask a Golf Cart Expert a question!

Ask a Golf Cart Expert a question!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Yamaha gas cart sporadic stalling problem
Old 02-09-2019, 03:58 PM

Default Yamaha gas cart sporadic stalling problem

Hi Scott,

I have a 2012 Yamaha gas golf cart with a sporadic and frustrating stalling problem. What happens is, when driving in stop and go traffic or stopped at an intersection, the cart will occasionally stall out. Although I am able to eventually get it restarted within a minute or so, I am concerned about the possibility of getting stranded at some point.

My dealer's technicians have in the past twice replaced something called an actuator and just recently my battery. Unfortunately, the problem continues, but the technician has yet to recreate the problem at their location and states a thorough check of the vehicle does not show a problem.

Can you help?

Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 AM

This is our first time living in Florida and buying a cart. The colors we are interested in for a Yahama cart only have matching vinyl seats. The new "Simtek" (sorry don't know spelling) seem that they would truly be cooler in the Florida heat but have limited color choices and none that coordinate well with the cart color we were going to get. Wondering if the cooler fabric is such a difference that we should rethink our cart color choice.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2019, 02:58 PM

Scott

My battery charger (it says 1999) seems not generating to my club car batteries. Not sure whether it is the charger or the electric circuit issue in my 12 years old cart. How do I check if the charger does generate or not? My friends have Yamaha carts so I cannot use my charger on any of them.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:11 AM

I have a 2007 electric Club Car whose lights,horn, and brake light do not work. I am thinking it needs a fuse, am I right? Where can I go to have this fixed, without taking the cart too far. And, can I buy a fuse at Ace Hardware and install it myself? Thank you for any help...R. Buhrig

Tags
cart, expert, golf, question, scott