Batteries Starting To Fail?

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage
Default Batteries Starting To Fail?

Batteries are almost three and a half years old. Today, the cart being fully charged, it seem to limp home after driving 20 miles. Range should be 50 or 60 miles. I know I fully charged my cart, (heavy duty charger), the night before.

I was wondering if I am charging my batteries properly. I was informed one could use their Battery Minder if one drives less than 15 miles. If over 15 miles, one must give the batteries a heavy duty charge which automatically cuts off when fully charged. I know one must plug in the Battery Minder if one goes away for several days.

What is the proper use for the Battery Minder as opposed to the heavy duty charger? What are the symptons that batteries need to be replaced before one gets stuck on the road.

I was informed my batteries could last for 5 years if charged properly assuming one fills the batteries with distilled water periodically. I periodically tighten the battery connections.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 PM
Eternal Member

Three and one half years old batteries is not unusual to some of the pack batteries to start falling off the grid in a 48 volt pack.
Even if we isolate the bad ones we can not replace with a new battery as it will have adverse effects in the old pack.
Proper charging is always a factor and your standard charger is all the doctor ordered to maintain a good life for your batteries.
PeriodLy use of a battery minder system is always an advantage for the sake of disulfating the battery pack but hard Villages
Driving habits in my opinion requires full amperage charge from stock chargers supplied with the cart.
Closed Thread

Tags
batteries, charged, miles, battery, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.