battery charging problems

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Default battery charging problems

I have an 01 reman. in 04 electric club car. The batteries are about 2 years old and been well maintained. The problem is that after driving it for several hours I plug the charger in and it won't drop below about 13 amps, no matter how long I leave it plugged in. The dash gauge reflects it has a full charge and I can drive it for miles without putting the indicator needle in the red. I did notice a couple of smudge marks on what I believe is the computer. Looks like someone tried to rub out a cigarette butt in the lower left hand corner, indicating the computer board is faulty.
Someone said I could install a new computer for about $400.00 or I could by-pass the computer and get a different charger for $400.00. Any advice would be appreciated.DGX2
Old 08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Eternal Member

I would not pass sentence on the OBC yet. You could get the same conditions with a bad cell in a battery.
The brown spot on the OBC could be a sign of failure as well. If it is bad there are kits available to bypass the OBC and chargers that do not require an OBC to operate.

My recommendation is to get it checked out before your final decision as to cause and correction. Guess work could be costly and could not correct the problem.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
I would not pass sentence on the OBC yet. You could get the same conditions with a bad cell in a battery.
The brown spot on the OBC could be a sign of failure as well. If it is bad there are kits available to bypass the OBC and chargers that do not require an OBC to operate.

My recommendation is to get it checked out before your final decision as to cause and correction. Guess work could be costly and could not correct the problem.
Thanks for the advice. Had the batteries checked all o.k.. Charger works fine on my other cart so that pretty much leaves OBC.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.