Battery light coming on every so often?

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Battery light coming on every so often?

Hi there!

I have a 2011 Club Car 48 volt Precident that I have had no problems with...so far. I do not know if this is a problem or not, but tonight I walked by the cart and noticed that the little orange battery light was on.

The cart was off, no lights on, not plugged in, with the key in the off position. I rechecked all of these things to verify.

I tapped this little light and it went off. I checked it again awhile later and it was on. I do not think this stays on at all. In fact, I've never noticed this before.

I plugged it into the charger, and the light went off. My question is, is this right? Is this bad? Is this trying to tell me something? I keep the cart clean, check the batteries regularly, charge it up every so often, etc.

I think I was told to keep it plugged in all the time when not driving it, but I am not sure if that is correct. I drive this around a few times a week, but never for that long. Because of this, I hardly never see the battery charge go down more than the first 3-4 bars at the most. They are less than one year old Trojan batteries. The cart is a 2011, as I said, but refurbished and bought "new" within the last year.

Thank you in advance for your kind help. Respectfully, Frank D.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Eternal Member

We never get a good answer from the people at Club Car about the infamous Amber light.
It has many uses for them such as codes pertaining to battery voltage and conditions of the
Battery pack.
We have been successful by installing a anolog volt meter on the dash in order to give the
end user the correct and useful info needed to opperate the cart intelligently and accurate
battery pack current conditions.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:13 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you Frank for your quick and kind help. It is very much appreciated. I guess this is then not such a big deal.....I do not think it happens much at all, as this was I think the first time I noticed it.

Do you have any advice as to how often one recharges the batteries? I've been told just to plug it in every night. I do not know if this hurts the batteries by making a "memory". I have never come close to running down the batteries even to half strength.....

Thanks! Frank D.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Eternal Member

Charge every night and you can't go wrong.
Regards
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, light, plugged, battery, noticed, year, charge, batteries, advance, driving, time, correct, drive, week, times, long, trojan, frank, respectfully, refurbished, bought, told, bars, 3-4, kind

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.