Buckle Up!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:00 PM
Eternal Member
Default Buckle Up!

We have noticed that 2015 has been the year with the most request we have ever seen for seat belts on golf carts in The Villages. It may be due to the reports of golf cart accidents involving people getting tossed out and injured severely. We as Villagers certainly spend more time in our carts than most and not only for golf and getting the mail but almost everything daily. Because of the time spent and the miles covered we are supplying Villagers with comfortable seats and retractable seat belts more than ever.

There is the concern by some of being trapped in a cart being 'tied' to the chassis with seat belts and the possibility of the cart doing a complete flip.

Some cart manufactures still are reluctant to supply seat belts on there carts because of the roof supports not being able to hold up in a complete cart flip. This point is under stood but the stats show that most injuries due to crashes do not involve cart flips.

The good news is that people are making the choice now on their own to install seat belts and they use there belts securing themselves securely at 20 MPH.

Let's all be safe and secure while we enjoy life in The Villages.

Buckle Up!
Old 07-27-2015, 05:52 AM
Gold member

Yes for seatbelts
Old 07-27-2015, 06:30 AM

We had friends that ripped their Carr after hitting the curb entering a tunnel, the only trapped feeling they said was if she undid her belt she would fall into him, furtively others ripped the Carr back right side up, the only damage was scratched to the paint, both passengers were thankfull for having belts or they're sure injuries would have been severe.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 AM

Boy spell check can certainly destroy a comment, hope you can translate my previous comment.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:35 AM

I say no to mandatory seat belts. It should be up to the individual cart owner whether they be installed or not.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,315 Times in 498 Posts

I installed seatbelts in my wife's cart at her request. While I believe that seatbelts are useful, I do not believe that they should be mandated. I believe that we have seen enough of the gov regulating/telling us what is good for us. Many of the folks having accidents probably shouldn't be operating a golf cart anyway. If you want the option of seatbelts, then spend $200 and have them installed. Why impose that on others? Just my thoughts before this gets carried away with more mandates suggested.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:05 AM

For those who so want to have seat belts, great! But I hear so many, especially in "The Villages" that they do not want government (local, state or federal) to run their lives and constantly make laws that affect all of them. Let the people decide if they want seat belts or not!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Sage

It never ceases to amaze me that some people will create a one in a million scenario, for not using seat belts.

So many people can prevent serious injuries by wearing seat belts. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 AM

I have seat belts in one cart and will be putting belts in our other cart.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
We have noticed that 2015 has been the year with the most request we have ever seen for seat belts on golf carts in The Villages. It may be due to the reports of golf cart accidents involving people getting tossed out and injured severely. We as Villagers certainly spend more time in our carts than most and not only for golf and getting the mail but almost everything daily. Because of the time spent and the miles covered we are supplying Villagers with comfortable seats and retractable seat belts more than ever.

There is the concern by some of being trapped in a cart being 'tied' to the chassis with seat belts and the possibility of the cart doing a complete flip.

Some cart manufactures still are reluctant to supply seat belts on there carts because of the roof supports not being able to hold up in a complete cart flip. This point is under stood but the stats show that most injuries due to crashes do not involve cart flips.

The good news is that people are making the choice now on their own to install seat belts and they use there belts securing themselves securely at 20 MPH.

Buckle Up!
If you are out and about in The Villages you will see that not only are golf carts driving too fast, so are the golf carts. In addition to this you see that folks in golf carts tend to think they have the right of way over autos. You see folks turning left without merging, nobody stops at stop signs in carts, everybody seems to be in a hurry, you see folks letting kids drive carts under age of 14, you have people that just stop on the multimodal path without warning and if you say anything to anyone about one of these infractions -- they just cuss you out or want to confront you.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:31 AM

No No No No on requiring seat belts. Let's leave a little freedom left for us in this country. Aren't we all regulated enough. If you like them, buy them, install them, enjoy them, but please leave me alone
Old 07-27-2015, 11:38 AM

we decided to install them after taking the golf cart course at the Lifelong Learning College right after we moved here; it just makes so much sense!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:00 PM

A BIG NO for seat belts.. There is already too much regulation here. If you want seat belts put them in but don't make it a law.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post

Buckle Up!
what is the usual cost for seat belts?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Default buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrindle View Post
Boy spell check can certainly destroy a comment, hope you can translate my previous comment.
does anyone have a name of a company that will come to your house and put the seatbelts in? Thank you

Tags
cart, belts, seat, carts, golf, time, flip, people, complete, villages, buckle, injuries, crashes, due, supports, stats, involve, point, stood, hold, show, mph, safe, life, enjoy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.