Charge Meter Issue

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Default Charge Meter Issue

My EZ Go charge meter does not come back to full when charged, If I disconnect the hot lead and reconnect it resets. I have cleaned all the terminals under the seat. Should I just buy a new meter or is there another issue? Thanks,
Old 09-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Eternal Member

Digital meters will only reset after discharge when the battery system reaches full charge voltage. If you have a weak battery or charger problem it may not be reaching the system high enough.
You need a meter to mesure the system to determan the issue. If your system is correct it could be the meter anyway if not you could wast the money for the meter.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:10 PM

It does come up to full charge once I reset the system. The batteries are only a year old and I did check the load. The charger seems to be working because when I plug it in at night it might be showing say 10 or 15 amps and the next day when the meter might still show 1/2 full I put on the charger again and it draws maybe 5 amps for just a short while and then stops showing fully charged.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Eternal Member

If that is the case, it sounds like a meter issue.
I will tell you we have been using analog meters on our remand carts we build to avoid digital meter issues.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.