Tall guy with long legs and bad knees golf cart questions?

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts
Default Tall guy with long legs and bad knees golf cart questions?

Hi, I am a tall guy with bad knees and am looking for comfort in a golf cart. As such, I have a few questions.

I have narrowed search down to either a gas Yamaha or Club Car. Which is more comfortable, has more leg room and seat height?

For more comfort from the stand point of easy in/out, would you recommend lifting the cart a few inches and putting on some bigger tires (not low profile) that will both raise the seat and help cushion the ride? Are the bigger tires considered golf course friendly?

Can you add space/leg room with a different than OEM seat set up. Not looking for seat comfort but legroom.

Can you add space/legroom with a different steering wheel configuration?

Any other suggestions to add space/legroom?

Thanks, Chris
Old 03-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Eternal Member

I believe the Club Car with a three inch lift , 205/65/10, aftermarket seats with folding armrest for easy enter and exit is the more comfortable ride.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts
Default Thanks for information

Thanks, I will have you do the mods to the cart when purchase. Quick questions on larger tires/lift. Are the tires golf course friendly, will the lift and bigger tires make the cart tippy, and will the bigger tires put undue stress on the wheel bearings and front end prematurely wearing parts out?
Old 03-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Eternal Member

The tires and wheels with a modest litt are golf course friendly and should not cause adverse stress on suspension.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.