Club Car brakelight puzzle

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

Default Club Car brakelight puzzle

I have a 2008 electric Club car. When I turn the key on, the left brake light doesn't work. Now, if I turn on the left turn signal and let it blink 4 times, the brake light will work until I turn the key off again. I have checked the wiring with a volt meter and I can't find the problem. Any ideas? Time being, I just turn the turn signal on every time I drive the cart and let it blink 4 times.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:18 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I have a 2008 electric Club car. When I turn the key on, the left brake light doesn't work. Now, if I turn on the left turn signal and let it blink 4 times, the brake light will work until I turn the key off again. I have checked the wiring with a volt meter and I can't find the problem. Any ideas? Time being, I just turn the turn signal on every time I drive the cart and let it blink 4 times.
I have never heard of such a thing before. Is the cart a ds or a precedent model. Ds cart on the back of the tail light there is a ground wire to the hosing I would fix that connection can cause a lot of weird things. On a precedent I would just replace the back light on the side of the problem there maybe a short in the light. Then go from there.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Veteran member

I did replace the taillight and it solved the problem. Mus be in the circuit in the light.

Tags
turn, signal, work, light, club