Club Car electrical problem

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Default Club Car electrical problem

Just bought a used 2008 Club Car Precedent 4 x 12v batteries.
Everything worked fine yesterday but today the turn signal would only seem to worl intermittingly. Now not at all as well as the brake lights, headlights and horn. The unit is/was very clean only one owner very well maintained. Checked most of the wires for breaks or loose connections every looked fine. There is like a 20 amp (tube) fuse that I don't know if it is good or not Anything you can suggest would be helpful. I 'm very handy with just about anything but electronics. DGX2
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Eternal Member
Default Lights

The headlights and the signal lights are on separate circuits on your cart.
It would seam that your problem is in your main power supply. I would search the pos. & neg terminals of the 12 volt battery that the accessory feed is fed
From. A big help would be if you had a volt meter.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM

Frank7, Thanks for the tip. After charging the cart fully last night the headlights, turn signals, brake lights and horn all worked great. The batteries were recently tested, according to the former owner. They tested at 40% good. Since the cart has almost everything but a battery meter, without tools I am unable to determine how much charge is left in the batteries. With that said I would think if the overcab heater works and the back up horn sounds off loud and clear I would think the horn could at least tooted out a little noise and /or the lights could have shown dimly. Probably time for new batteries. What do you think. Thanks DGX2
P.s> How hard would it be to put in a battery charge indicator light?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Eternal Member
Default Charge meter

A charge meter would be a big help for you to properly monitor your system.
Is is not difficult to install, it involves having the proper hole saw and carful placement in dash than running a feed direct to your batteries.
Please call me this week I would like to speak to you about your system.
Happy New Year.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.