Electric Cart Question

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Default Electric Cart Question

I have a one year old electric Star cart. Today I drove from Pennecamp to Nancy Lopez (a distance of about 8 miles), played 18 holes and started home. I only got about 3 miles when my cart slowed to a crawl, even though my meter still said I had half of my original charge. I estimate I had only travelled about 20 miles. I check water levels monthly and had refilled the water just 2 days ago. I cannot see any corrosion or other visible problems with the batteries. Do you have any idea what caused this? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Eternal Member
Default Loosing charge

Your problem is not something that you will be able to see visibly. It is most likely a bad battery or a cell in at least one battery.
In your cart you have 24 cells that have slightly over 2 volts each,if one cell fails
The cart charger may not complete it's charge cycle properly and the result is a shorter use cycle.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
Your problem is not something that you will be able to see visibly. It is most likely a bad battery or a cell in at least one battery.
In your cart you have 24 cells that have slightly over 2 volts each,if one cell fails
The cart charger may not complete it's charge cycle properly and the result is a shorter use cycle.
Thanks so much for your reply!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.