EZ Go Electric cart battery issue

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Gold member
Default EZ Go Electric cart battery issue

We have an 18 month old EZ Go electric cart with Curtis Cab which has suddenly developed a battery problem. Although the batteries have been properly maintained, the cart battery low/dead light will come on without warning, and our cart is dead in the water. After turning off the ignitition switch, and waiting 5/10 minutes, the batteries recharge suficiently to travel again, before getting into a Ground Hog Day modus, and the entire fiasco is repeated. Is this a typical EZ Go issue, and how do we resolve it?

Last edited by Boudicca; 11-21-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Gold member

Thanks for this information. I do maintain the batteries on a regular basis but your theory makes sense. I'll try it, but I'm not sure I can overcharge these batteries as there is an automatic cutoff in the charger.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Eternal Member
Default Batteries

Yes to all, I agree it sounds like you have a bad cell or battery in the mix.

I know you only have four 12 volt batteries and with the extra weight of the 250 lb Curtis Cab they are working hard in the Villages. We have found that the four batteries that have only 288 lbs of usable plates just are not making more then three years the way we use our carts. Club Car gave up on the four battery system for all of the same reasons.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.