Ezgo cart

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Default Ezgo cart

My gage on my 2008 ezgo when it gets to half way point then drops to 0 I checked each battery the readings were 8.49-8.46 - 8.53-8.50-8.40-8-32 at full charge I was told charger should charge to 54 volts but only charges up to 50 I checked charger on another cart and it worked fine
Old 12-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Eternal Member

Your 48 volt charger should be capable to reach 59-62 volts under normal conditions and the when it shuts off automatically the voltage falls down to 52-53 volts..
To correctly check on battery pack and individual battery voltage we usually charge the pack with its charger and than put a discharge machine on the pack that applies a timed load. This devise simulates a driving load that a cart would experiencing at 18-20 MPH and a internal time registerred clock. After the devise compleates the load test the operator than can register the completed pack voltage and the time it took too get there. Example " 44-46 volts and 120-140 minutes" this indicates a healthy battery pack.
Now the real test is to push the test button on the machine and the load continues for three minutes while operates checks
The battery voltage of each battery individually. The results will always show the failing battery or batteries if that exist.
In conclusion it is very hard to pick out a failing battery cell without this load test procedure.

"Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all"
Closed Thread

Tags
ezgo, charger, checked, cart, charge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.