Ezgo cart

Ezgo cart

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Ezgo cart
Old 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM

Default Ezgo cart

My gage on my 2008 ezgo when it gets to half way point then drops to 0 I checked each battery the readings were 8.49-8.46 - 8.53-8.50-8.40-8-32 at full charge I was told charger should charge to 54 volts but only charges up to 50 I checked charger on another cart and it worked fine

Old 12-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Sta Rite Golf Carts Accessories and Repairs

Your 48 volt charger should be capable to reach 59-62 volts under normal conditions and the when it shuts off automatically the voltage falls down to 52-53 volts..
To correctly check on battery pack and individual battery voltage we usually charge the pack with its charger and than put a discharge machine on the pack that applies a timed load. This devise simulates a driving load that a cart would experiencing at 18-20 MPH and a internal time registerred clock. After the devise compleates the load test the operator than can register the completed pack voltage and the time it took too get there. Example " 44-46 volts and 120-140 minutes" this indicates a healthy battery pack.
Now the real test is to push the test button on the machine and the load continues for three minutes while operates checks
The battery voltage of each battery individually. The results will always show the failing battery or batteries if that exist.
In conclusion it is very hard to pick out a failing battery cell without this load test procedure.

"Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all"
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Tags
ezgo, charger, checked, cart, charge