EZgo golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Default EZgo golf cart

I have a 2008 EZGO Golf cart. 48 volt. It suddenly stops locking the brake. After pushing the brake pedal down a few times (hearing a click) it seems to reset itself and all is ok until the next time it locks up. I was told it could be the micro switches under the floorboard that is hooked to the brake and the accelerator). Also it could be the solenoid. Also was told it could be the batteries but the batteries are brand new. .The brake itself is in great shape. I saw on line where in 2008 lots of issues of the same. ANY HELP.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Eternal Member

Your on the right track, its a process of checking each item from the foot pedal micro switches and so on back to the electric brake.
I would suggest that the next time it happens don't try to reset the brake and test the switches with a ohm meter and see if you
Can find the stuck switch.
It would also help if you get the schematic of the electric brake circuit to follow the path of the brake system circuit.
Intermitent problems are some times tough but with patience you can have success.
Closed Thread

Tags
brake, batteries, ezgo, cart, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.