Gas Golf Cart "silencers"

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Gas Golf Cart "silencers"

Hi Frank and welcome!

Thanks for offering your advice service....with all the golf cart questions out there on TOTV, you may live to regret it

I was wondering if you've ever installed or heard of any kind of noise suppression kits for gas golf carts -- specifically a Yamaha G22a?

I recently ran across this site - http://www.atvsilencer.com - and contacted them about their add-ons. They replied that while they do not have anything specific for my model cart, they have customers who went to muffler shops to have it attached (welded) to the exhaust tip and frame.

I'm also thinking of installing some insulation under the seat. There's no way I'm giving up my G22 since it is extremely reliable and runs so well but I sure would like it to be a bit quieter! Any other suggestions?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Eternal Member

The ATV silencers on the market are to big to be located under a golf cart. The air conditioner product called duct board works well under the seat for heat deflection and some silencing.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Hi Frank and welcome!

Thanks for offering your advice service....with all the golf cart questions out there on TOTV, you may live to regret it

I was wondering if you've ever installed or heard of any kind of noise suppression kits for gas golf carts -- specifically a Yamaha G22a?

I recently ran across this site - http://www.atvsilencer.com - and contacted them about their add-ons. They replied that while they do not have anything specific for my model cart, they have customers who went to muffler shops to have it attached (welded) to the exhaust tip and frame.

I'm also thinking of installing some insulation under the seat. There's no way I'm giving up my G22 since it is extremely reliable and runs so well but I sure would like it to be a bit quieter! Any other suggestions?
I was able to reduce the engine noise level in my 2008 EZ-GO RXV over 50% by lining the engine compartment with high-density foam sound deadening material. I also applied it to the underside of the seat. The material has an adhesive back and is recommended for engine compartments by the manufacturer.

I'm very happy with how quiet my cart runs now. Here's a link to the manufacturer's web site. http://www.soundaway.com/Soundproofing_Mat_s/34.htm

I bought the 1 inch thick material.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.