What's the Sweetspot?

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Sage
Default What's the Sweetspot?

I'm just starting to shop for a used cart. The "sweet spot" I'm looking for is that not-a-pile-of-junk-but-not-more-than-I-need price point. I'm on a fairly tight budget, but I'll spend what I need to get good reliability, decent comfort, some remaining lifespan, and even a little bit of a fun factor.

So I'll take any advice...brand, year, gas/electric, dealer, etc. Whatever you might want to offer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Eternal Member

Gas carts are very popular but I will caution you when it comes to used carts with a decent price point a gas cart that has been in The Villages for 5 to 7 years will have plenty of miles on it.
Gas carts have three times the moving parts than electric and according to the kind of use you will need a cart for electric with the new style long range batteries may be the answer for you.
Club Car 48 Volts have been around for many years and seam to be the most popular used electric cart. Gas carts again if you are not here all your long are an easy store answer over electric.
Please feel free to stop in and discuss more of what may be better for your needs.

Frank
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.