Help

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Default Help

My club car stops after a few miles. Full charge [ overnight ]
cables tight & clean. Nobody can seem to figure this out.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage

/* NON expert, but enjoy the subject matter */

Who is no one, what have they done? With no information, IMO the first place to look is for a battery or charger issue.

Do you know the voltage of your pack/individual battery post charge?
How about after it dies?

PS. Not my business, but it may be better to change the subject line to "cart dies after a few miles" instead of "help" to assist future searchers with the same issue....

Last edited by ajbrown; 08-07-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added PS
Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 PM

the batteries are about a year old, 52+ volts fresh off charge, about 50 volts the last time it stopped , after about 30 minutes of driving. I'm asking for HELP that's why I tittled it that way. I'm not about talking about shops or service people that couldn't fix the problem. I will say that three different shops have had the cart in for days/weeks at the time & no one has fixed it yet .
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Sage
Default Batteries sound ok....

Good luck. If it is intermitant, it can really be a pain in the *** chasing where the root issue exists.

Now I will sit back, be quiet and learn .
Old 08-07-2011, 06:54 PM

Oh, you're so right about the pain in the ***, & I do thank you for your timely responce, hopefully this person will chime in with a repair solution
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM

I would check all ground connections. Maybe something comes loose after a few miles?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage

I'd check the gas.

But only if I dye my hair blonde.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIA DAWG View Post
My club car stops after a few miles. Full charge [ overnight ]
cables tight & clean. Nobody can seem to figure this out.
From one GaDawg to another, welcome to TOTV! Sorry I have no idea about golf carts except, fill er up! However, all problems are temporary. Hope yours is as well.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM

I have no idea but the brand new 2008 club car we bought from cart world was a piece of junk. Their four 12volt battery configuration was a joke. We tolerated it for about 2.5 years until we could not stand it anymore. So we took it some place else and had them change the battery configuration to eight 6volt batteries . Now its working great.

PS CART WORLD IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE I WAS CHARGED $125 TO PICK UP AND REPAIR MY CART. THE EXTENT OF THE REPAIR WAS TO ADD AIR TO MY TIRES. THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW. I AM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS THEY DO SO WELL TO BE NUMBER ONE IN SALES. I GUESS SELLING THE MOST POPULAR CART. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE HAS TO BE NEAR THE BOTTOM. I GUESS IF I HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN I WOULD BUY A REBUILT YAMAHA GAS OR CLUB CAR ELECTRIC REBUILT WITH CORRECT BATTERY CONFIGURATION.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

GaDawg--I thought Georgia Dawg was possibly Mrs. GaDawg!! I nearly asked her if she was your "peach!" I guess we have 2 Georgia Dawgs! Georgia--I hope you get some help soon. Good Luck!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner View Post
i'd check the gas.

but only if i dye my hair blonde.

roflmao

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Veteran member
Default OMG... I'm STILL laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I'd check the gas.

But only if I dye my hair blonde.
ROTFLMAO..................OMG...HOLT SCAT BATMAN that is why I peruse TOTV. PTurner ...You are a "Hoot"...keep posting.. I look forward to your humor.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIA DAWG View Post
the batteries are about a year old, 52+ volts fresh off charge, about 50 volts the last time it stopped , after about 30 minutes of driving. I'm asking for HELP that's why I tittled it that way. I'm not about talking about shops or service people that couldn't fix the problem. I will say that three different shops have had the cart in for days/weeks at the time & no one has fixed it yet .
I would say it is time for you to call "the one who cannot be named" (thanks AJ), he will be able to fix you up where others cannot, by far the best in the villages, his ad is in the Village Daily sun, sounds like *******.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Administrator

You can call Frank of Sta Rite Golf Carts directly. He can help you sort out the issue. His number is 352-326-3100. They have been able to do some remarkable work and they pick up and deliver. Frank is also a Village resident.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
GaDawg--I thought Georgia Dawg was possibly Mrs. GaDawg!! I nearly asked her if she was your "peach!" I guess we have 2 Georgia Dawgs! Georgia--I hope you get some help soon. Good Luck!
Sky there are a whole stadium full of Dawgs in Georgia come the football season. We call it Saturday Church. Anyone who signs on as Georgia Dawg bleeds Red n Black as I do. My peach is the GaPeach but only one GaDawg here on TOTV. Woof Woof!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.