Help

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 AM

Could it be that the motor is heating up and tripping out. Seems if you can run it for a while it would be something like that. If not the motor maybe the controller?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Eternal Member

It's hard too guess without test equipment, but it could be a bad cell in at least one battery draining the charge causing loss of power. We don't like guessing we go through a time-consuming schedule of tests at the shop to narrow down the problem.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 PM

well a little update, today when it stopped it beeped as I was slowing down.
Frank7, this cart has been in three different shops & I've paid for every test
known to man, the batteries where replaced about a year ago & have been load tested & hydros.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I would say it is time for you to call "the one who cannot be named" (thanks AJ), he will be able to fix you up where others cannot, by far the best in the villages, his ad is in the Village Daily sun, sounds like ******.
Thanks for your advice, found the number & gave him a call, he told me on the phone that it was a simple fix. he stopped by this afternoon explained the problem & what it would take to make the repair. while he was here I had my cart serviced & the repair he suggested, wow what a difference it's been a long time since my cart drove this good. It's to bad he's not on this forum. Again thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Administrator

What was the issue and the resolution?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Sage
Default I missed the updates to thread, so late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIA DAWG View Post
well a little update, today when it stopped it beeped as I was slowing down.
Frank7, this cart has been in three different shops & I've paid for every test
known to man, the batteries where replaced about a year ago & have been load tested & hydros.
Like I said, if an issue does not happen while you testing, it is a bugger. There are a few references to beeping and dieing which point to trying a new "Solenoid Drop Out Harness" Club Car part # 102355201.

Georgia dawg were you just testing us ? Please do not take that the wrong way, it was a fun exercise, getting just enough info to try to solve.

I am truly interested in what the fix turned out to be?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 AM

So let me get this straight. You called a trained, knowledgeable GOLF Cart mechanic, and he fixed your cart right there on the spot, where 3 others services failed? WOW! ( read with lots of sarcasm )
Old 08-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster View Post
so let me get this straight. You called a trained, knowledgeable golf cart mechanic, and he fixed your cart right there on the spot, where 3 others services failed? Wow! ( read with lots of sarcasm )
ok, let's get this over with i called a real golf cart tech.
[ he's not "a village resident", don't understand that comment
however he did move his business & family across the country
to help us with our cart problems & made a honest living ] with that being said i don't understand why he has been removed from this forum & nobody can even post his name.
This ask an expert section would be great if you had someone to answer questions not have people make excuses why questions aren't being answer or to have you call his business.
The unfortunate thing is my post will probally be removed before anyone gets to read it
Old 08-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIA DAWG View Post
ok, let's get this over with i called a real golf cart tech.
[ he's not "a village resident", don't understand that comment
however he did move his business & family across the country
to help us with our cart problems & made a honest living ] with that being said i don't understand why he has been removed from this forum & nobody can even post his name.
This ask an expert section would be great if you had someone to answer questions not have people make excuses why questions aren't being answer or to have you call his business.
The unfortunate thing is my post will probally be removed before anyone gets to read it
I'll send you a private message to give further clarity on the legacy issue with this "professional" referenced. Frank was in the hospital dealing with a medical issue as I posted so everyone would understand why he was offline. It is voluntary on his part to assist members of this site with their questions free of charge. It is not unreasonable for a technician to need to actually see a golf cart to give a proper diagnosis. So far on this post you still have not disclosed what the issue was and the resolution that was diagnosed over the phone so other members who may experience the same problem would be aided.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Eternal Member
Default Cart stops after 30 min.

In the past 60 days we have had three similar cases at our shop and the fix were different with all three. That being said the repairs that we did may still not correct your problem & I share them to express that you are not alone.

#1 We found the motor brushes were worn unevenly and we rebuilt the motor and the problem was gone.

#2 One of the long # 6 wires that moves with the suspension had become loose at the terminal near the motor and after a short run time the heat generated made the cart shut down, replacing some of wires was the cure.

#3 After 7 miles of drive time the controller would overheat and shut down, let the cart sit for ten minuets and the overheated device in the controller would reset. We replaced the controller with a higher amp unit and the problem was solved.

In conclusion, you can see that many problem causes have a 'down condition' with the heat of the summer carts and with the power and weight we have along with the distances we travel in The Villages the heat is a culprit. I hope this helps you to better understand a little more about these problems.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.